Beware of Persephone

Introduction

Introduction

"Oh love, if you are Persephone, I can be your Hades." He smirked left me dangerously weak, my heart beating fast and my mind in a daze. His eyes were hypnotic like I fell into his seductive gaze and I couldn't look away. I didn't want to. I wanted to taste his lips but that was a temptation I should never take. This love was forbidden. I promised myself to never give a piece of my heart to a man ever again. I struggled against his hold and broke free.

"No. This can't be happening." My voice made my heart crack, my heart pierced and bleeding. I was still confused, my heart split into two. I was about to walk away, afraid to face the truth, but I was stopped by his grip on my left arm. My back was turned to him and I didn't want to look at him.

"Emerald, why do you keep on running away?" The man I have grown to love spoke in a gentle voice yet it shook me to the core.

"Just answer me and I'll respect your decision." I heard him promise and I turned towards him, my eyes brimmed with tears.

"I-I..." I was out of words and I wasn't sure of my answer but I was stopped when I felt another huge arm grab my other arm and pull me lightly to his side. I knew who's hand it was and it broke my heart that it came to this; me in between them in a sort of tug of war between my confused feelings for them.

"Emerald, what's going on?" The other man's voice made my knees weak, afraid to face him too so I looked down on the floor. Was this the payment for all the sins I have done in playing with men's hearts for years? Because heartbreak was worst than having one of my precious crowns break.

Emerald Sia Sanchez has been the gem that everyone treasured and liked. She was creating a name for herself as the Queen of Crowns since her business was becoming successful in crown making. Men fell on their feet for her and she didn't take a second glance at them once she's finished with them. She was heartless and had a promised carved in stone. She promised to never give her heart to a man. She looked at love like it was the heaviest sin of all. She's the vixen who likes to play with men's heart but will her promise finally fall if not just one man but two men would come to her life and all hell breaks loose?