12 | When The Gem Tasted Fireworks

Emerald's POV

I didn't know that dating can be this grand. I felt like I was being treated with luxury and such fine grace. Candles were lit, chandeliers providing light in the room and with us only two, it felt like I was dreaming. I haven't been into this kind of thing where girls go on dates. I found it absurd and a way to impress a girl you want to sleep with after but now, honestly, I want more of this. This felt genuine. I felt precious. I felt like I was a dainty princess being treated right.

"Your dessert is here. Here's our special cake, Madame." The French chef spoke as he served me this lovely small cake covered in white frosting and have yellow flowers on top. Oh how cute!

"Thank you." I smiled at him while the waiter arranged the table again to make it look presentable and perfect. Seemed like they are keen into getting things perfect, I thought to myself.

"Your Highness." He addressed the prince before me who gave him compliments about his cakes. The chef gushed, accepting all praises like they're his lifeline.

"Enjoy!" He bowed before leaving with the waiter following behind him.

"How are you enjoying the dinner so far?" He asked as I sliced a piece of the cake.

"Wonderful. I feel like a princess to be honest." I said and he chuckled.

"Well, you should feel like that every time." He replied before taking a sip on his sparkling wine.

"Hmmm..." I hummed not sure what to reply to that. He sent me a smile before he took a bite on his cake.

"So you're a UNICEF volunteer." He started talking about my life again and I set my fork down not wanting to eat more. I need to watch my weight. Like for real. Axel's going to beat me with work out again tomorrow.

"Yes. I am. I teach kids and help in relief programs." I smiled proudly. I love teaching kids dearly and the relief programs? Ah! I wanted to cry just seeing them accepting our help.

"Oh! You're a teacher?"

"I had my master's degree in Harvard." He whistled at that before smiling.

"That's really great! A crown designer and a teacher, huh? What a feat!" He grinned leaning towards me. I blushed at the way he looked interested at me.

"Not much compared to yours, I believe." I replied back and he shook his head.

"I was born with a title, Emeralda. Trust me when I say, you've got a lot of skills and great ones too. You might even crush most of the royals I know." He smiled before drinking.

"Well, I will take that as a compliment." I grabbed my own glass and drank it all.

"Say, if you come to Sweden to do work with UNICEF, perhaps we can meet up."

"I would love that." He's willing to see me again. My heart swelled at that. I had to place my glass down before he can notice how shaky my hands were. I was still nervous with him. I didn't want to mess this up. I didn't want to get embarrassed in front of him. I felt the need to be perfect.

"Are you full?" He asked looking at my plate of barely eaten cake.

"Yes. Thank you again."

"My pleasure. Now, I would like to take you somewhere." He said before he stood up and walked towards me. With his hand reaching out to me, I took it as a sign to stand up. I held his hand and he tugged me up.

"I hope you'll like it." There was a twinkle in his eyes and I was excited what he wanted to show me. He didn't let me go. Instead, he moved his hand until our fingers intertwined and he gave my hand a squeeze. I looked at our hands together. Am I dreaming? I heard him chuckle and so I looked up to him only to meet those ocean blue eyes of his.