🍬Kevin x Reader🍬

You had recently gotten a job at the local candy store, also known as 'Candy Club'. Your first day was today, soo you were pretty nervous about that. You didn't wanna fuck up on the first day, after all.

Since you didn't have a car, you had to walk there. It was freezing outside, so you wore a long sweater underneath your uniform.
A strong wind blew through the air, making a shiver go down your spine, and bumps appear on your skin.

After finally arriving, you walked through the automatic door, looking around, amazed.
It smelt like candy of course, and all of the beautiful bright & vibrant colors looked like jewelry! You looked to see your other coworkers, there were two. One had short black hair, and wore a pink sweater under his uniform. While the other was quite tall, a little on the heavier side, middle aged, and had short brown hair.

"Oh, why hello there! I'm (y/n), you're new coworker!" You said, walking up to them behind the counter. "Nice to meet you (y/n). I'm Kevin, and this is Rick." The man with black hair said, firmly shaking your hand.

"Soo, what do we exactly..Do?" You asked, "Well, we usually just hang out here until people start showing up. Which- Well- I doubt anyone will be going to a candy store so early in the morning." Kevin replied, you groaned. "Pfft, then why the fuck are we supposed to be here so goddamn early-?" You said, slightly annoyed.
"Eh, beats me." He averted his eyes.

You looked at Rick, just looking down at the floor, he seemed pretty tired from the looks of it. It was clear he didn't wanna be here either. Hell, neither of you did. But hey, ya gotta make money somehow.

"So we just stand here all day? We don't even have chairs-??" You asked, looking around, Kevin just nodded in response. You scoffed with disbelief.
"Okay-..So you're tellin me....That we're supposed to come here early in the fucking morning, only for us to wait for NOBODY to arrive until for another few hours, AND THEY DONT EVEN GIVE US CHAIRS?! BULLSHIT!" You yelled, you've only been there for a few minutes and you already wanted to quit.

Kevin patted your back comfortingly.
"I know where you're comin' from dude, been there before. That's exactly how I felt when I got this job too." He said. You were glad you weren't the only one pissed about this, you let out a small chuckle.

Kevin walked over to one of the drawers behind the counter, opening it and pulling something out. You looked in curiosity, he came back with a bunch of stickers in the shape a pink candies. Your eyes sparkled just looking at them. "I play with these when things get boring, hehe. You can- probably tell, I put a shit ton on the counter." Kevin chortled, pointing to one of the corners of the counter, where a bunch of stickers were placed in a messy manner. You chuckled.

"Knock yourself out, I don't care where you put 'em." He said, "Thanks, Kev." You replied, he just smiled in response.

You began putting stickers everywhere, and when I mean everywhere, I mean everywhere. On the walls, some on the gumball machines, and even putting a few on the front door. Yeah, you got a lil carried away. Then suddenly, you had an idea, and walked up to Kevin.

"Yo Kevin!"
"Yeah?"

You smacked a sticker on Kevin's forehead, and laughed at how silly it looked.
"Oh, ya think that's funny? C'mere you!" He said, coming after you with more stickers in his hands.
You chased each other around the place, trying to put stickers on one another, at some point you even tried asking Rick to join. Of course, he denied, but you still stuck one on his cheek before running after Kevin again.
By the time you guys stopped, there were stickers all over you both. Your arms, faces, and even some getting in your hair.

"HAH! You look so silly!" You said.
"Could say the same about you." He replied, his cheeks turning a faint pink.

You both laughed together, then helping each other get the stickers off. And putting whatever stickers that were left back inside the drawer.
"That was fun." Kevin said, you nodded in agreement. Then hearing the door open, a few kids had entered the shop.

"Welp, I guess it's time to actually do our job, heh." You said, "Yeah." Kevin replied, getting behind the register.

After that, everything seemed to be boring for nearly the rest of the day. You guys got to share some small talk, but that was it. It fact, you started to eat some of the candy while waiting for customers to arrive.
It was around nighttime now, but Candy Club still doesn't close for another couple of hours. You just wanted to go home. Kevin looked at you, taking note of this.

"You can go home if you want to, (y/n). Me and Rick can handle it." Kevin said.
"Really? Are you sure? I-I can still stay! It's just a couple of more hours." You stuttered nervously. "It's fine, really. You just look tired, you need some rest." He insisted, you smiled warmly at him and nodded slowly.

He followed you to the front door, finally sharing your final goodbyes.
"Today was fun, can't wait for tomorrow." You said. "Me too." Kevin replied.
"And- Uh..I-If you want, maybe after work, we could- Y'know, hang out? Only if you want to of course!" He asked nervously, red appearing on his face, you just chuckled.
"I'd love to." You said, also blushing a bit.

You walked out the door. "Bye Kev! Bye Rick!" You said as you waved to them, Kevin waved back.

You sighed, walking back home in the cold night. You had a lot of fun for your first day, and couldn't imagine how tomorrow was gonna go.

Author's note:
Hi! Uhh I hope you enjoyed this one. I'm kinda proud of it, I guess lol.
Ngl I feel like Kevin acted a bit out of character lmao- Idk.
Welp, I'll see you in the next one! :3

Words: 1049