📦Rick x Overworked!Reader📦

You finally get home after a long day at work, your entire body feels like it could give out any second and everything hurts. You just wanted to lay down and sleep.

You open the door, seeing your boyfriend on the couch, Rick. He's been having a hard time keeping the same job, so you were mostly the one working while he looks for employment.

After you walk in, you collapse next to him on the couch, letting out an exhausted sigh. This caught Rick's attention, he turned his head towards you and pulled you in, soothingly rubbing your back.
"You okay?" He asked, you melted into his arms and rested your head in his chest.
"No...I've worked so goddamn hard today, but all I received was being yelled at, and coworkers taking off and leaving me with a shit ton of paperwork.." You vented, already close to bawling your eyes out. But you held it in.

Rick looks at you with a concerned expression, then sighing and holding out his arms.
"Come here.." He said, hugging you gently. This pushed you off the edge, causing tears to start trickling down your face. "Honey..No crying, please..." He whispered, wiping the tears from your cheeks.

He kissed the top of your head, hugging you tightly. You felt safe and secure in his arms, feeling comforted and soothed as you continued to sob softly in his embrace.
You look up at him, and whimpered as you stared up into his eyes. "I love you so much, Rick.." You sniffled, and you saw Rick give you a comforting smile. You barely ever saw him smile...So this was quite a gift. "I love you too, honey. Know that." Rick cooed as he continued to hold you in his arms protectively.

"Let's get you into bed, you must be exhausted.." Rick said, picking you up and carrying you into the bedroom, where he gently placed you on the bed. You felt yourself sink into the mattress as he tucked you in. He placed the pillow right under your head, making sure you were nice and comfortable.

"You deserve a break, and your coworkers should be kicked right in their ass for making you go through all that stress.." Rick muttered, making you chuckle a bit. He sat at the foot of the bed, watching over you. You sniffled once more, looking up at him with a weak little smile creeping across your lips. "Now get some rest, honey.." Rick said, getting up and kissing your forehead before leaving the room for you to rest. "Goodnight, honey." He said.
"Goodnight, Rick.." You reply, before he closed the door.