📦Rick x Reader📦

Author's note:
This is reverse comfort :)
Angst? Fluff? Both? Idfk honestly, lol.
But anyways, enjoy <3

You were waiting patiently for Rick to arrive home. You heard he worked at a candy shop that closed in the late evening, so you kind of always expected him to be home at a late hour.

You were laying on the couch, watching tv and eating popcorn. You got startled a bit to hear the door unlocking and opening up slowly, then hearing someone step into the door. It was Rick! He looked..Exhausted. Well, he always did, but he looked a lot more tired than he usually does.

"Welcome home, hunny! Wanna come watch this movie with me?" You asked, sitting up and placing the bowl of popcorn on the coffee table in front of you. Rick didn't answer, he just slowly walked over to you and sat down next to you on the couch.
"Rough day?" You asked in a concerned voice, he nodded and pulled you in closer. You exhaled a deep breath and kissed his cheek softly, making him turn a light pink.

Rick sat back, and you laid across his chest. He gently ran his fingers through your hair and kissed your forehead.

"I love you..." He mumbled, pulling you in closer, you could practically hear his heart beating. "I love you too, sweetie." You replied.

After the movie was over, you were nearly half asleep and your eyes felt heavy. You yawned, getting up and taking Rick's hand.
"Alright, c'mon big guy, off to bed we go." You said, trying to pull him up. He groaned, rising up from the couch and picking you up in bridal style. You blushed a bit.

Rick walked to the bedroom, and opened the door. He turned on the lamp, gently putting you down on the bed and tucking you in.
"You know you don't need to do this, right?" You say, "But I want to. You're my only reason in this world so I'll show you as much love as I can before I give out." He muttered, you hated when he said things like this, it made your heart sink. "Rick, don't speak like that." You sat up.

He sat next to you on the bed.
"Why? It's true." He said, "No it is not." You say, his eyes averted.
"No- Don't you turn your eyes away from me!"

You put an index finger under his chin.
"Rick, angel of my fucking life, look at me. I know it may not seem like it, but you matter. You hear me? You matter so much to me, I love you. You're the greatest thing that's ever happened to me, and always will be. It would kill me to know that you think this way about yourself. And it does." You say, you begin to see tears start to well in his eyes, you kiss his forehead.
"I love you." You said. You hear sobs escape his lips, he rested his head down on your chest, you rubbed circles on his back. Rick had struggling gasps for air stuck in his throat.

"I love you, Rick. I'm sorry you feel this way about yourself, I'll always be here for you."
You played with his hair, kissing the top of his head in a comforting manner.

After a few minutes of being in this position, you start to hear slow breathing, and crying finally stopping. Rick had fell asleep in your arms, and you were totally fine with that. You knew how much he really needed it.

You slowly laid down on the pillow, with Rick's head still laying unconsciously in your chest. You threw some of the covers over him, and closed your eyes, eventually falling asleep with him.

Author's note:
I'm so sorry this one was short!
Ngl the thought of Rick crying actually kinda makes me tear up-
I promise the next one will be much longer like they usually are, but this is what you got for now. :,)
Welp, buh bye now!

Words: 675