🐀Dexter x Reader🐀

Author's note:
Okay- I'm not gonna lie, I struggled with this one.
It's not the best, soo don't expect much lol
Enjoy :3

You waited impatiently for the exterminator to arrive, you've had a horrible rodent problem for the past couple of weeks and you needed these things gone as quick as possible. Though, yes you wouldn't mind if there were just one or two, but it seems like they're multiplying more and more! You couldn't handle it anymore.
You'd kill these things yourself, but you don't feel like getting your hands dirty. And plus, they're too quick to catch and too big of a mess to clean.

You heard the doorbell ring, you quickly swung the door open and saw the exterminator just waiting for you at the porch.
He wore a black gas mask (is that what it is?), and a yellow rubber suit, with a similar matching yellow hat, and orange gloves, with a giant brown bag on his back. And not to mention, the glasses that were on the outside of his mask. You were actually kinda questioning if he could actually see through them, but you didn't say anything about it.

"You're finally here!" You said.
"Uh-..What was your name again? Sorry— Horrible memory, hehe." You chuckled nervously. "I am Dexter the exterminator, at your service! I kill rats, bats, cats, and everything fast." He said in an extroverted tone.

"Wait- You kill cats?" You asked.
"Oh nonononono I love cats! I'll hug 'em till there BRBRBRBRBRBRAINS are out!" Dexter replied. "Ah, okay. Come right in." You move aside from the doorway, allowing him in.
"Soo, you're a cat person- or?"
"Oh no, I'm a dog person."

Dexter started looking around your house, setting up mousetraps and what not.
"So, how long have you had this problem?" He asked, "Few weeks. It's been getting pretty bad recently, so that's why I called." You say, following him around the house.
"Oookay, where did you first see them when they started popping up?" Dexter said.
"Attic. Here, follow me." You lightly grabbed his hand, taking him to the stairs.

You take him up to the attic, already seeing a few rats by the doorway, and a couple in the corners. Jesus Christ.

"HOLYGOODGOLLYJESUSWHYISTHERESOMANY?!" Dexter shrieked all at once, jumping into your arms in fear. You were actually quite surprised that you were able to carry him, he was actually pretty light. Either that or you're just really strong.
"Yeahhh...I don't clean up here very often.." You say guiltily, gently putting him back down on the door. Dexter sighed a shaky breath, he reached out to grab a few mousetraps from his bag.

"Here, take these. Put some over there." Dexter said, pointing to the attic window, giving you a few traps. You nodded, walking over and set them down. You turn to see Dexter putting a few traps by the stairs, and some on the far corners of the attic.
"So, have ya ever dealt with a house this bad?"
"Actually, yes I have. In fact I've seen worse which is actually quite frightening if you think about it." He said. Worse?
"Damn man, that's pretty shitty."
"Yeah, it is. I've once seen a raccoon in someone's basement! A RACCOON!" He yelled, making you laugh a little.

You looked down at your feet, seeing a rat just laying by your foot. You grabbed one of the traps and gently and slowly put it next to the rat, hoping it would notice it.
It worked, the rat crawled right into the trap.

"I caught one!" You said, taking the trap over to Dexter. "Oh great! Here, put it in this." He said, suddenly taking out a giant fuckin' cage from his bag. You obviously wondered how the hell it even fit in the bag in the first place, but you didn't say anything and just put the rat inside, freeing it from the trap first.

"Good job."
"Thanks."

*SNAP!*

You hear about two or maybe three more traps go off from behind you. "There's more! C'mon, put 'em in here." Dexter said, holding out the cage, you removed the traps and dropped the rats inside.

*Snap!*

"I heard one downstairs." You said, grabbing Dexter's hand and took him back downstairs.
You walked into the kitchen, grabbing the rat and putting it inside after removed the trap.

"Hey, you're pretty good at this." Dexter said, "Heh. I guess I could be able to do this job with ya! Hehe." You chuckled.
"You could! Trust me, you'd be a great exterminator."

After a few minutes, you and Dexter had successfully gotten more and more rats into the cage. It seemed to be way too easy as it went on.
"So, what do you do with the rats after you catch 'em?" You asked.
"Eh..The company wants us to get rid of them in any way possible, soo...-"

"You kill them for your own satisfaction, don't cha."
"Yeaahh."

You sighed, you grabbed a rat from it's trap and held it in your hands, watching it squirm and panic inside your palm.
"So, you're telling me you'd kill this?" You said, holding it out to him. "I mean, if you let me." You immediately pulled it away from him, you chuckled with a little scoff in between.
"Damn." You say, looking down at the rat in your hand, then placing it in the cage with the rest.

"C'mon, I think I heard some more go off upstairs." Dexter grabbed your hand, making you faintly blush, the taking you back up to the attic.

After an hour or two, you and Dexter had successfully been able to catch multiple rats within the small amount of time you guys had been together. And, it was actually quite fun.

"Dang, we're not even half way there and the cage is already full." You said, spotting a rat crawl down the stairs. "Yeah, you have a very severe rodent problem." Dexter agreed.
"I think you'll need another place to stay for a few days. No little cage will be able to catch all these in one night." He suggested, you nodded.

"Ooh! How about you stay with me?"
"Really?"
"Yeah! I've had lots of fun with you these past couple of hours, and y'know- maybe we could hang out away from just catching rodents."

You smiled at him, although he was wearing a mask, you could tell he was smiling under there as well.

"Cool, I'd love to." You said, chuckling nervously.
"Alrighty, great! Now, let's put some more traps down and load these rats into my car, or- van. Whichever."

Dexter gave you a few more traps, placing some down himself, while you put some more in other parts of the house.

"Okay, I'll be right back." He said, taking the cage filled with rats and walking outside to his yellow exterminator van, gently putting the cage in the back and closing the door.

"You think you'll be okay sleeping here for tonight? Orrr do you wanna sleep at my house?" Dexter asked. "Obviously I'll sleep at yours. Now, I'll be right back. Gotta grab some stuff." You replied, going upstairs and into your bedroom.

You got some stuff, clothes, your toothbrush, etc. If you were gonna be staying at a person's house that you just met a few hours ago, you might as well be thoughtful enough to bring your own shit, right?

"Alright, I'm ready." You said.

You and Dexter walked out the door, you locked it before going to the van.
"You sure about this? I mean- we just met a few hours ago, y'know." You asked.
"Yeah! Anythin to help a friend out."
You stared at him as you got into the passenger's seat of the vehicle, he turned the key in the ignition and started it up.

"W-We are friends, right?" Dexter asked. You chortle a bit. "Yeah, I guess you could say that."

Author's note:
Yes yes, I know, it doesn't look good and it probably doesn't make much sense, I apologize. I'm really fucking tired and I'm writing this before bed, so sorry about that.
I'll probably be making another one tomorrow, just let me know which character you want next.
Bye ✌🏽

Words: 1382