Chapter 37: Bags Please

It's been a long week, to say the least. Displayed on separate screens are Light, Misa, and Chief Yagami. All confined to their own cells. Of course, Katelyn should've expected The Chief to turn himself in along with his son. However foolish it's seems to her, it's definitely in character for him.

"Still no heart attacks, Ryuzaki."

"From the day Light turned himself in, to now." Aizawa says.

How convenient. Katelyn isn't so simple as to think this is all over with. After all, he does get out of confinement one way or another.

While the others continue discussing Light in the other room, Katelyn is gathering her luggage that L had told her to prepare a few days before. Every reason under the sun it seems has crossed her mind as to why he would have her do such a thing, as he's yet to tell her. As she's bringing her luggage to the front door of the room, Watari wheels over a trolly with a few bags already on it.

"Allow me." He takes her things, and places them on the cart. As he settles the items, L shuffles over to them, "Everything is ready for your departure."

"Excellent. I'll meet you outside. I have some instructions for others before we leave."

"Where are we going?"

"We'll have plenty of time to discuss it on the way."

Watari starts leading the trolly out of the room, Katelyn following behind. She racks her brain over and over again, trying to work out what he could possibly have planned. L and his secrets. She wouldn't expect any different from him.

Outside of headquarters, the car is waiting for them. Watari holds the door open for her as she gets into the back seat, then it shuts. The trunk opens and the car shifts as Watari begins packing everything from the cart into it.

In her moment of solitude, she thinks back on the night L spent in her bed. She's been doing that a lot in the time she has to herself. Wishing that it hadn't been under the circumstances it was. Under more... pleasing circumstances, things could've been different. Much different.

More tugging and pulling. More grabbing and nipping. More-

The car door opens, interrupting her thoughts, and L slides in beside her. Ignoring the warmth in her cheeks, she puts on an innocent smile, "So, where we headed?"