Chapter 5: Tinkles

Not really much has happened the past few hours. It's dark now, and the strange man has been laser focused on his computer, not bothering to acknowledge my presence.

I'm not hungry anymore, and I suppose being fed isn't all that bad.

Said absolutely no one!

It was embarrassing! But I was hungry, and it was either be fed, or get pat down, then feed myself with my free hand. And you seen which one I chose.

But there's a bigger problem.

I've been here for god knows how long and I have to pee.

And it didn't just 'hit me'.

It did hours ago. But I kept putting it off. Cause you know, if you wait long enough, you don't feel like you have to pee anymore. But I'm beyond that now.

I was going to ask the older guy, but I don't see him any where. Plus, I have a feeling he would just have me ask the detective anyway.

"Um," I start hesitantly "I-I... god this is embarrassing..." I mumble, as I try to ask my question.

"What is it?" He asks, not bothering to spare a glance.

"I... I really need to go to the restroom." I plead as my face reddens.

"I'm not removing the handcuffs."

"What am I suppose to do? Wiggle my pants off, then hope I can some how pull them back up?" I raise my voice.

"Look, just undo the cuffs so I can pee, then as soon as I'm finished, you can put them back on." I attempt to reason. "I can only hold my bladder for so long."

He finally turns his cold gaze on me, but doesn't speak immediately.

No. He just stares, his expression, unreadable. Is he annoyed?

He looks it. But then again his face has looked like this the entire time.

Try as I did, I could not hold the stare with those intense, endless eyes.

Not long after I break eye contact does he raise from his position and shuffles to stand directly in front of me.

He leans down, nearly hovering over me, never once having broken eye contact.

Bringing myself to glance at his face that is now much closer, mind you, his cold eyes glint, his black orbs boring into mine, what little time I'm able to keep eye contact.

After what seems like an eternity, he finally speaks, his voice is low.

"You've agreed to my condition?" He asks, referring to earlier.

My eyes widen, and my face reddens.

"You still have to pat me down? Are you serious?!" I nearly shout.

"Do you want to go to the restroom?" He asks, remaining stoic.

I don't want to go to the bathroom. I HAVE too! If I don't go soon... I'm going to have an accident.

"Yes.." I mutter begrudgingly, looking like one of those strawberries I ate earlier, I'm sure.

"Then stand up, turn around, and spread your legs."

•••

I've never been so humiliated in my life. And it didn't even phased him! I should've just taken my chances with the murdered. At least maybe I could've taken a piss without being groped.

"I suppose you'll want to retire to bed soon?" I hear the now annoyingly familiar voice say next to me.

Since I was busy consumed in my own thoughts, I hadn't even realized the man could be bothered to grace me with his presence.

"No. I don't want anything else from you. I'll be just fine right here." I hiss, not bothering to lift my gaze to his figure towering next me to as I sit.

"You're angry?" He asks lowly, emphasizing the first word.

"No shit Sherlock." I scoff.

"To be perfectly honest burden, you have no right to be angry. It is I dealing with an individual whose identity I don't know, and not only does this said individual know about my investigation, but knows who I am!"

He slightly raises his voice. It's not much, but I can tell he's infuriated.

"If anyone should be angry, it certainly is me."

My eyes would love nothing more than to produce liquid, that would soon release from them, allowing tears to freely stream my face.

But. I. Refuse.

I refuse to show such weakness. Instead, it is anger I produce.

I whip my head up to him, and sit up straight.

"You know what buddy? Fuck you! I didn't ask for any of this! The only reason I even came to you, was because I thought you would help me! Because you're suppose to be the good guy, right?" I laugh dryly "Well thats some bull-fucking-shit if I've ever heard any."

I allow myself to slump back down into the chair.

"'You- you didn't ask for this?" He angrily repeats my words back to me, is calm demeanor shaking, "You approached me. The only person you have to blame is yourself."

He glares at me with cold eyes.

"And what was I to do? Very few people know who I am, and I'm absolutely certain you aren't one of them. So who are you? What are you doing here?"

I stand up, and begin pacing. God he's lucky I'm in these cuffs.

I probably wouldn't hit him... but still!

"I have no fucking idea what I'm doing here! In fact, I don't even know how I got here! You know what, since you're such a genius, maybe you can figure it out for me." I try to use my hands to talk, but forget they're restricted, which only makes me more angry.

"Please, tell me how I fell asleep in my best friends apartment, in Columbus Ohio, and then woke up the next morning, in Japan! Hm? Any theories on that, Detective?"

He just blankly stares at me, shocked. This is the most expression I've seen on his face since I've meet him.

"I can't believe it. I'm dealing with a lunatic." He mutters as he walks away.

I sigh heavily, and trudge back to my chair, tears beginning to well in my eyes. I feel defeated.

I just wanna go home