2.Saleucami

Went through and changed a few things in this chapter lol

Hunter gestured to the small table, taking a seat. Alona slides into the spot across from him, nervously chewing her lip as she waits for him to start talking.

But they sit there in silence, exchanging looks for a good few minutes. Then Hunter sighs, placing one of his gloved hands on the table. "Talk." He finally speaks.

Alona frowns. "You talk. You're the one that pulled me away." She says stubbornly.

"You know why I pulled you away. Talk." He retorts. Alona stares at him, sending him the same challenging look that he was giving her. She crosses her arms and leans back.

His look deepens and she rolls her eyes. "Go on, ask it. I won't answer until you do." She replied.

Hunter taps his fingers on the table. "What happened to Anakin?"

She had to admit, she thought he wouldn't ask. She hoped he wouldn't ask. But he did, and she knew she had to answer truthfully. Somehow he could tell when she was lying. She opened her mouth to speak, but she froze. It was like the word refused to come out. Alona had never spoken it into existence, it had been marinating in her mind for the last few days. If she said the words, then it would all become real.

"Alona." Hunter called, his eyes still focused on her. She finds herself looking at the side of his face that was tattooed like a skull. But then her attention is pulled to the hand that he subtly placed over hers. "What happened?" He asked. He had taken her silence as his answer to his previous question. She was silent because the worst possible thing happened.

Alona took a deep breath and focused on his gloved hand over her bare one. "He joined the Sith, turned to the dark side." that wasn't even all of it. She stopped herself after that single sentence. She couldn't say anymore, so they sat in silence while Hunter repeated her words in his mind.

Anakin did what everyone said Alona would do.

Alona's attention is temporarily pulled away by Omega and Wrecker, who were going around the entire ship. Wrecker was explaining the purpose of each button, screen, switch, and object...per Omega's request. She really was a curious little thing.

"So Anakin and Palpatine are the ones running the Empire?" Hunter finally asks.

Alona closed her eyes and shook her head. "Just Palpatine." Her voice quivered. Her eyes were full of unshed tears. It burned to hold them back. "...Obi-Wan and I had to do it." Alona then blurted, pulling her hand away from Hunter. She wrapped her arms around herself. It took a few seconds but Hunter finally put together what she meant.

Her and Obi-Wan had to kill Anakin.

Instead of asking more questions, he got up to retrieve one of her lost items. Alona stays sitting, taking deep breaths while tilting her head back and blinking away the tears. She hated being so vulnerable, so afraid. She cried more in the last three days than she had the last nineteen years.

Hunter comes back a minute later, holding a long cylinder shaped piece of metal. He grabs Alona's hand and places it in her palm. "You left it on Kaller. Figured you'd want it back." He says, sitting back down. He watches as she stares at the hilt like she had forgotten she had more than one. "Don't worry, I made sure the guys didn't mess with it. I hid it under my mattress, they had no idea I had it." Hunter smiles.

Alona nods, but her eyes made it look like her mind was somewhere else. "Yeah, thanks." She said quietly. Alona stood, but stumbled back and grabbed onto the wall for support.

Hunter had thrown an arm out behind her like he was trying to catch her. She waved him off. "Are you hurt?" Hunter asked, jumping to his feet.

She shook her head, letting out a weak laugh. "Just used a little more energy than I normally do in a week. I'm fine."