14.Empire

Alona froze, hearing the ships land outside of the Jedi cruiser. How did the Empire find them?

Her comm beeped. That thing was getting kind of annoying to hear. "Alona, do not leave the medical bay. I'm coming to you." Hunter ordered, his voice full of worry.

Alona pressed the button on her communications device. "Wasn't planning on leaving." She replies, poking her head down the hall. She didn't sense any troopers inside just yet.

A minute later there were footsteps echoing just down the hall. Alona knew the sound of Hunter's footsteps, so she wasn't surprised when he appeared in the medical bay.

"Forget about the supplies, we need to find a way out of here." Hunter said, taking his helmet off to look Alona in the eyes.

She got butterflies when he did that. Just him removing his helmet did that to her? She was a lot more into him than she realized. "Where are the others?" Alona asked, setting the box of medicine on top of the cart. She walked towards Hunter.

"The bridge. We're heading there now." He replied, putting his helmet back on and grabbing her hand, pulling her out of the med bay. "Why does this always happen to us?" Hunter questioned.

Alona grinned, squeezing his hand tighter as they continued running. "Because I'm with you. Trouble follows me everywhere I go. It's another Skywalker curse."

Hunter chuckled, letting go of her hand once they entered the bridge. The rest of the squad was staring out the window at the Imperial ships. The sergeant pulled out his binoculars and looked out the window. Hunter sighs. "It's Crosshair, all right."

Alona chewed on her lip, crossing her arms while deep in thought. Was there a way to get out of this? What if the Empire has the Jedi cruiser surrounded?

"He won't be able to detect us. I'm blocking their scanners." Tech chimed, holding up his device as proof.

Hunter shook his head. "That won't stop him. Come on." He ordered the squad.

Alona blinked, having a bad feeling about this. She followed the others out of the bridge anyway. It may take a miracle for them all to get out of this without a scratch.

"Alona, stay close." Hunter said sternly from the front of the squad.

Wrecker stopped and waited for her to pass him. He was like a herding dog, rallying his team.

"Crosshair knows we're on board." Alona announced, turning the corner with the others. She could sense Crosshair. He was too smart to fall for the jammed transmissions.

They squad was running around the cruiser aimlessly.

They stop for a few seconds. Echo stands between Alona and Tech. "How many troopers we talking about?" The ex-ARC trooper asked.

Alona closed her eyes, feeling the presence of the squad and then extending to outside of the ship. Her shoulders lowered. "Too many." She declared in defeat.

"Three attack shuttles' worth." Tech specified. That was at least forty soldiers plus Crosshair and his new highly advanced team.

"We already got what we came for. Let's get to the Marauder." Wrecker chimed, crossing his arms over his chest.

Alona shook her head. "Can't. There are troopers on board now." She replied, her heart rate beginning to pick up.

Hunter sighed. "We need a covert way out." He determined, looking down at Omega to check on her. Minus the slight fear in her eyes, the blonde was handling this fairly well.