50.Nefarious Actions Lead to Imperial Stormtroopers

"Man, it's been a long time since I've been on one of these." Alona sighs, staring out the windshield of the Venator. She reminisced on the blue streaks of hyperspace passing by as she bantered with her Master and her clone friends.

    "Well, that is unfortunate." Tech blurts from the large control panel. Alona turned around with a raised eyebrow, only to realize he wasn't talking to her. In fact, he probably hadn't heard a word she said.

    "Wanna narrow that down?" Rex asked the highly intelligent clone.

    "Energy conduits are offline. The only way to retrieve the data is to reroute power, which will most likely signal a security breach." Tech explains, not tearing his eyes away from the screen of his small device.

    Hunter turned to his brother. "How much time will we have?"

    Tech shook his head. "Not much."

    "Then let's make it quick." Echo determines from beside the goggled clone, who nodded and got to work right away.

    Hunter sped over to Alona. "If we run into trouble, I need you to not expose yourself as a Jedi. It could draw too much attention and we're-"

    "In the heart of the Empire, yeah, yeah, I know Hunter. No Force, I'll just stand here and be useless." Alona jokes, looking back out the window at the tall gray buildings that covered the planet.

    "You're not useless." Hunter quickly corrected her. "I just want to make sure you stay safe." He expressed. The Sergeant didn't look away from her until she nodded.

    The Venator's ship powered up and the lights came on with a whir. Within seconds, alarms were blaring and Alona sensed dozens of troopers making their way towards the bridge where she and the squad currently resided.

    "They're already headed this way." Alona warned, taking a deep breath to stay in touch with the Force.

    "Wrecker, seal the door." Hunter ordered in a rushed voice.

    Wrecker whipped out his blaster and shot the door control panel, which made the double reinforced doors slide shut instantly.

    Tech and Echo rush to get the information, meanwhile the Imperial troopers' voices are heard outside of the door. They were trying to override the controls to get on the bridge.

    And then the doors started to crack open, a few white helmets seen on the other side.

    "These doors won't hold very long." Hunter urged, trying to get Tech and Echo to work faster.

    "I am expediting the file transfer as quickly as possible." Tech retorts, not even sparing his brother a glance as he continued working.

    Blaster shots started as the doors flew open. Alona ducked behind the control panel, her face twisting in annoyance. The guys fired back, but their blasters remained on stun as always. She admired how they refused to kill any of the clones, because most of them just haven't woken up and realized what happened to them.

    "Hostiles confirmed on the bridge!" One of the troopers shouted.

    "New plan. 14, 5, 86." Hunter declared, looking up at Wrecker, who's back straightened in shock.

    "All of them?" He asked in disbelief.

    "Yes." Hunter confirmed. "Echo, man the cannons. Deal with the air support." He ordered, stunning another clone.

    Echo immediately started using the cannons to shoot at the ships soaring by. Alona just remained crouched down in confusion, for she still hasn't been briefed on what the hell their number coded plans were. And she had been a part of the team for two years now.