17.Ik'aad Pal'vut

Enjoy this cute lil filler chapter:)

Alona walked around the ship, checking on how everyone was doing. Omega was up in her room, more than likely asleep after her long day. Echo and Wrecker were in the bedroom, their snores heard through the metal sliding door. Tech was passed out at the navigation systems panel, snoring as well. It must be a clone thing. They all snore the same.

Hunter was the only other one awake, sitting in the pilot's seat while they traveled through hyperspace.

Perfect. Alona smiled.

She walked over to Hunter, placing a hand over the bandages on his chest. She leaned into his side, smiling softly at him. Hunter took one of his hands off of the steering wheel and placed it on the middle of her back.

"Hey." Alona said quietly, appreciating every detail of him. Her brain was finally at rest after finding out he was okay.

Hunter looked up at her, his eyes staring at her lips. Alona saw that and purposefully bit her bottom lip. His hand pressed onto her back a little harder and he got this look in his eyes. The same look he had in that moment on Bracca.

"I'm glad you're okay. I was worried." She admitted quietly, her gaze falling. She had put on a brave face for Omega when they were taken away, but deep down Alona was seriously worried about Hunter. When she heard his voice on that comm she felt like she could breathe again.

Hunter slid his hand up and down her back comfortingly. "Can't take me down that easily." He said lightheartedly, removing his hand from her back after noticing the worried glint in her eyes. He instead places it on the scarred side of her face. "You hear me?"

Alona nodded, taking a deep breath. Everything turned out alright. Her smile returned as she slowly leaned down, connecting her lips with his. His hand slid into her hair, running through it gently.

She pulled away slowly, hearing Omega start to climb down the ladder in the back of the ship. Alona smiled at Hunter before taking a set in the copilot seat. Seconds later the short blonde walked into the cockpit with a troubled expression. She stood in the empty space between Alona and Hunter's seats.

"Can't sleep?" Hunter asked softly, flipping a switch on the dashboard.

Omega shook her head. "I had a nightmare. That place, seeing the Kaminoans. I don't want to end up in an experiment in a tube." She admitted.

"That's not gonna happen." Hunter said sternly. Alona knew 100% that he was going to stand by his words. Alona would make sure of it too.

"If I'm as valuable as you say, Lama Su will keep sending bounty hunters after me." Omega added. She fidgeted with her fingers nervously.

Alona held her arms out. "Come here." The Jedi was very familiar with nightmares. Specifically ones about her worst fears. She knew how Omega felt. "The Kaminoans can send every bounty hunter, assassin, or whatever else is in the galaxy. But you have us."

Omega's bottom lip shook and she crawled into Alona's lap, laying her head on her chest.

"Omega, you don't have to worry. You are never going back to Kamino. I promise." Hunter expressed.

Omega nodded, wrapping her arms around Alona.

"Growing up I would hear mothers singing to their kids after they had a nightmare. So when I would wake up from a nightmare I would sing one of those songs to myself. It always helped." Alona admitted, resting her cheek against the top of Omega's head. "Want to know what my favorite one was?"

Omega nodded. Alona smiled softly, rubbing comforting circles in the girl's back. Just like the mothers did to their children on Tatooine.

"Ik'aad Pal'vut." Alona revealed, her eyes glazing over in memory. Oh how she wished she had a mother. One that would sing those songs to her.

"How does it go?" Omega asked, her finger tracing over the letters of Alona's tattoo that weren't covered by the bandage.

Alona hesitated, her cheeks reddening at the thought of singing in front of Hunter. She was only ever comfortable singing in front of herself. But then she reminded herself that Omega didn't have someone to sing songs to her. So maybe Alona could be that someone.

"Ik'aad Pal'vut, don't gar cry."
Baby mine, don't you cry

"Ik'aad Pal'vut, haast gar eyes."
Baby mine, dry your eyes

"Udes gar kov'nyn gebbar at ner kar'ta."
Rest your head close to my heart

Alona placed a hand on top of Omega's head. She was already resting her head close to her heart.

"Draar at kis'wa, ik'aad be Pal'vut."
Never to part, baby of mine

Omega would never go back to Kamino. She would always be with the squad.

"Ad'ika, tion'tuur gar play."
Little one, when you play

"Waadar nayc heed meg val sirbur."
Pay no heed what they say

"Let gar eyes sparkle bal shine."
Let your eyes sparkle and shine

Because everyone knew Omega had the sparkliest eyes in all the galaxy.

"Draar a shuk, ik'aad be Palvut."
Never a tear, baby of mine

"Meh val en knew about gar."
If they all knew about you

"Val'd kyr laam loving gar, too."
They'd end up loving you, too

"An those adla adate tion'ad scold gar."
All those same people who scold you

"Meg val'd dinuir shi par te staabi at taylir gar."
What they'd give just for the right to hold you

"Teh gar kov'nyn daab at gar toes."
From your head down to your toes

"Gar're not much, goodness knows."
You're not much, goodness knows

"A, gar're bid precious at ni."
But, you're so precious to me

Alona wrapped her arms tighter around the girl.

"Sweet sa liser cuyir, ik'aad be Pal'vut."
Sweet as can be, baby of mine

"Sweet as can be, baby of mine