49.Chuchi and Slip

Here's another chapter for today! Just finished writing chapter 59 and have to wait until episode 13 comes out next Wednesday for me to write any further lol

Landing on the ledge of Trace and Rafa's garage, Alona and the squad descended the steps of the Marauder and began walking to the crack in the middle of two large sliding doors, the only place where light was coming through.

Two figures appeared, one Alona easily identifies as Rex, and the other took her a few seconds to recognize. But when she finally remembered where she'd seen the blue girl before, a smile spread across her face. "Riyo! It's been a while."

"It sure has. It appears we've both grown up." Riyo smiles, bowing her head.

"Glad you made it." Rex greets, nodding to the squad that stood behind Alona, not even phased by the reunion of the two girls. They no longer needed a reminder that Alona knew just about everyone in the galaxy. But they obviously had never met the pink haired woman, so Rex took it upon himself to introduce her. "This is Senator Riyo Chuchi. Riyo, these are the special clones I told you about...and you obviously already know Alona."

"Hello." Omega waved kindly, offering the Senator a smile.

Riyo nodded to her. "Thank you for coming."

Hunter glanced over at Rex. "Why are we here, Captain?" He asked, his senses picking up on their fast heart rates. They were disturbed, obviously there was something seriously wrong.

Rex nodded to the interior of the garage. "Inside. There's something I want you to see."

Alona straightened her back and walked alongside Hunter, everyone heading inside of the Martez garage, unsure of what they were about to see.

They were led to a table, a bodybag resting on top. Omega tried to step closer, but Echo held her back because the last thing the young girl needed to see was a dead body.

Rex slid the top of the bag open to reveal a clone, his skin gray and cold. "He's an assassin. His identifying number's been wiped."

Alona frowned, staring down at the deceased clone in bewilderment.

Tech adjusted his goggles. "I was not aware that was possible."

Hunter looked up at Rex. "Who was his target?"

"A clone contact of mine named Slip. He said he was in danger. I came to Coruscant to get him out, but the assassin got to him first. Nearly got the Senator too." Rex explained, glancing at Riyo, who let out a sigh.

Echo frowned. "Why would a clone be attacking a Senator or another clone?"

Alona scoffed. "You really gotta ask?"

"To silence us. Admiral Rampart has the entire senate believing Kamino was lost to a cataclysmic storm. Slip witnessed the truth. I wanted him to testify to Rampart's crimes." Riyo replied, her grief stricken face proving just how upset she was of the direction the galaxy was going in.

"We were there too, Senator. I can be your witness." Echo determined, straightening his back and puffing his chest out.

Hunter shook his head. "The Senate won't listen to any of us. We're deserters and as far as they all know, Alona is a traitor."

Alona clenched her metal fist. "I can make them listen."

Rex sighed. "No, Hunter's right. But there's another way to provide the Senate with the evidence of the Empire's crimes. The command log on Rampart's Venator. Slip made a copy of it on the ship's backup data banks."