45.Kinrath

"At my command, he turned against the Jedi Order. He massacred his brethren at their own Temple, giving no quarter. He had returned balance to the Force indeed—by drowning out the light and freeing the darkness."

Alona shot up straight, slamming her forehead against the top bunk. "Ow."

At the loud thud, Hunter shot up beside her and hit his head in the exact same way. "Ow!"

Wrecker rolled off of the top bunk, his body whipping past them and onto the ground with an even louder thud. "OW!"

Tech and Echo, from their bunkbed across the small room, sat up slowly and looked at the results of the chain reaction. They were unamused, to say the least.

Alona was holding her head in her hands, trying to slow her heart rate. Hunter had a hand over the tender spot on his forehead, looking down at Alona in concern. Wrecker was whining on the floor, his blanket tangled around his legs.

"Why is it always you three?" Tech asked, his voice a lot deeper since he had just woken up. "I'm going to start sleeping in the cockpit."

"Ditto." Echo chimed in his usual grumpy tone, hopping off of his top bunk, walking past the giant clone on the floor.

"We're fine, thanks for asking." Alona rasped, letting out a sigh and falling on her back into the mattress. She ran her hands over her face tiredly, the guilt beginning to set in. She had just woken all of the guys up because of another terror.

"I'm gonna go check on the kids." Wrecker groaned, lifting himself off of the ground and tossing his blanket back onto his bunk.

"I should probably see how far out we are from Kashyyyk-" Hunter started, pulling one leg out from under the blanket.

"We're about 45 minutes out." Alona answered for him, her gaze frozen on the metal slab that held Wrecker's mattress.

Hunter sunk slowly back into the mattress, propping himself on his side to face Alona. He studied her face for a few seconds before his eyes softened. "What was it this time?" He asked quietly, placing a hand on her stomach.

Alona blinked, her expression void of any emotion. She was built up with so much frustration inside, though. "Palpatine, Anakin. Same as usual." She let out a sigh that showed just how heavy she felt, how weighed down these visions, these memories and dreams, made her. "When I opened myself up to both sides of the Force, I began to see more, feel more. The dark side, I feel it better than I used to...and I'm not so sure that I enjoy what I have gotten myself involved with." Alona admitted.

She bit her lip, something she rarely did in front of Hunter anymore, and thought long and hard about the Gray Jedi.

Hunter scratched her stomach with the pads of his fingers, his eyes glazed over while he thought with her. "My knowledge about the Jedi is really only the small bits I've heard in your lessons with Omega, so I won't be much help in talking about the Gray Jedi." That was a term he had just learned of a few hours ago.

Alona rubbed her thumb against the space between her eyebrows. "There aren't a whole lot of people, including the Jedi, that know about them. The Gray Jedi have long been considered a myth, but I learned differently in the temple on Ord Mantell."

Hunter nodded slowly, removing his bandana and placing it on top of the blanket. "What did you see...in the temple, I mean." He asked, pushing for her to let him help her carry some of this weight.

Alona didn't want him to, he was carrying enough weight as it was, but something about the way he said it made her talk. "The Force showed me three doors. The Dark, the Light, and the Middle. I went to the one I felt drawn to and opened it."