60.Warming Up to Phee

Alona couldn't sleep. And this time it wasn't the nightmares. Her body wouldn't relax and all she wanted to do was be wrapped in Hunter's arms, listening to his heartbeat while he kissed the top of her head.

She determined that was her problem, that Hunter was taking watch in the cockpit and she was laying in the bed all by herself.

Laying in the cold, uncomfortable bed, Alona felt sad and lonely. And she determined that she would not sleep unless she was with Hunter.

So the Gray Jedi pulled herself out of the bed, having to take a second to ease the dizziness before walking out of the bedroom and making her way through the silent Marauder.

Inside of the cockpit there was a soft drumming of Hunter's fingers against the steering wheel of the ship. But it slowly came to a stop when his senses picked up on Alona's presence.

Alona didn't say anything as she pulled one leg across his lap, straddling him and wrapping her arms around his torso. She rested her head on his chest, listening intently to that heartbeat she felt the need to hear so badly.

"Is something wrong?" Hunter asked, wrapping an arm around her waist.

Alona drew a breath in, impossibly trying to pull her body closer to his. "No, I just miss you." She felt kind of stupid saying that, considering they were contained in a relatively small ship together. The furthest they could be apart was one room, but right now even that felt too far. Alona just...wanted Hunter.

Kissing the top of her head, Hunter snaked his other arm around her and said reassuringly, "I'm right here, ner cyar'ika."

His warmth and his scent was so comforting that Alona instantly felt better. There has never been a time where she's felt safer than when she's wrapped in Hunter's warm embrace.

"Tech found out about the baby." Alona said quietly, feeling Hunter tense slightly at her words.

He hesitated for a few seconds before letting out a breath. "Does he seem upset about it?" He asked, unsure if he really truly wanted to know the answer.

Alona smiled softly, lifting her head to meet his eyes. "No, actually it was quite the opposite. He's offered to do a checkup because he was eager to know if his niece or nephew was healthy." She replied, her heart warming at the support Tech wanted to offer.

Hunter's eyes looked over her face for a few seconds. He noticed the way her face glew more than normal. He knew without a doubt that he was the luckiest man in the galaxy.

"When is he gonna do that?" Hunter wanted to be there to show his support. He wanted to know that Alona and the baby were okay.

Alona placed her hands on Hunter's chest, her thumbs messing with the fabric. "Probably the next time Wrecker and Omega go off somewhere since they don't know yet." Which brought her to the next personal thing that the two of them have to plan. "We should probably tell them soon. It'll only be a few more weeks before my stomach really starts to stick out." She grinned, glancing down at her stomach. She's already had to loosen her belt a few holes.

Hunter smiled, raising a hand to tuck a strand of hair behind her ear. His thumb grazed over the piercings and then dragged down to follow her jawline. "We can tell them whenever you want. Wrecker loves kids and I'm betting Omega will love to help out." The couple knew they were lucky to have people around that were so welcoming and caring.

Echo was the only one that slightly intimidated the couple. He's going to come back and see that Alona managed to grow a quarter of a human in the time that he was gone.