23.ner cyar'ika

Accidentally put missionaries instead of mercenaries in this chapter, went and corrected it lmfao

"Cid better pay us extra for that mission." Echo complained as the squad filed down the steps of the Marauder. Alona nodded in agreement, pulling her hood over her head as she touched the ground of the docking bay.

"Eh. It wasn't so bad." Wrecker hummed, pulling his helmet up to rest on his forehead.

Alona's eyes widened up at him. "You're joking." That was a horrid mission. She would rather have gone and had a duel with Maul than deal with another overwhelming amount of Gundarks.

"Cid failed to mention the drop zone would be swarming with Gundarks." Echo said grumpily, pointing his scomp at Wrecker.

Alona chuckled, bumping her shoulder into Echo's. "You're surprised by that?" She questioned.

Tech waved his finger at Echo. "It is not the first time Cid has left out key details."

Alona slowed her footsteps slightly, looking around at the masked people that watched them pass through the city. Isa Durand's men. A crime boss. Alona cursed and lowered her head, trying to hide between Hunter and Wrecker. She had her hood on, but she was absolutely not going to take any risks.

The squad walks into Cid's parlor, the entire place swarming with Durand's men. Alona let out another curse and Hunter eyed her confusingly. They all stop at the entrance to scan the crowd.

"When did this place get so popular?" Echo questioned with his eyebrows raised.

Tech gestured to the masked men. "And who are they?" He asked.

Alona sighed, tugging her hood down further. "You don't want to know." She grumbled. "Come on, let's find Cid."

The Batch walks through the bar, reaching the hall towards Cid's office when one of the guards stops them. "Where do you think you're going?" The man asks.

Alona waves a hand across his face and says, "You will let us pass."

"I will let you pass." The guard said, stepping out of the way.

Echo and Wrecker exchange a look. "Do you think she's ever done that on us?" The latter whispers.

Alona smirks, glancing over her shoulder at them. "I don't know, have I?" She asked.

They push open the door to Cid's office and are met with two blasters pointed at them. Echo, Wrecker, Tech, and Hunter whip their blasters out and point back. Alona pulls Omega behind her protectively.

"It's rude to barge into one's office unannounced."

"Roland." Alona scoffs, rolling her eyes at the Devaronian.

"This isn't your office." Hunter retorted. He's not even surprised when someone Alona knows shows up. Though he was curious how she knew him. It couldn't be because of anything good, though.

Roland scoffs, propping his feet up on Cid's desk. "Guess again." Alona then realized what he had in his lap and she nearly gagged.

"Ruby?" Omega asked in shock, seeing the pet at the same time as Alona. It was the kriffing creature that terrorized Alona a while back.

"She's my prized pet." Roland smirked, stroking the horrid creature. Alona shivered in disgust.

"What are you doing with her?" Omega exclaimed.

Roland fed Ruby a snack. "I paid. Cid delivered."

Alona looked around the room for the snappy, scaly woman. She was nowhere. Roland was up to no good, like always.