41.Cheerleaders

Love you guys:) thanks so much for reading!!

"So, what kind of treasure's in there?" Wrecker asked, gesturing to the blocked wall. There were long, rectangular parts that stuck out, which Alona assumed was some kind of puzzle or something of the sorts.

"The Heart of the Mountain. And we're going to liberate it." Phee replied with a smirk, turning back to the wall to examine it. The others shine their flashlights at it, trying to get a better understanding of what they were supposed to do.

"How do we get in?" Omega asks, craning her neck up to see just how far the room's ceiling went up.

Phee tilted her head. "It's a pattern. We need to align the symbols in the right order." She explained, setting her lantern on the ground and placing both hands on the rectangular part lowest to the ground. She gave it a strong push and that entire section of the wall moved, blocking the way they came in. There was no longer any natural light.

Phee then moved onto the next one, but it was too high up for her. In fact, Wrecker probably couldn't reach it, despite being 6'6".

So Alona and Wrecker exchanged a look, simultaneously agreeing on their plan of action. They walked over to where Phee was standing. Wrecker cracked his knuckles and then knelt down, placing his hands together to create a surface for Alona to stand on. She places her feet on his hands and he lifts her up with ease.

Alona placed her palms flat against the rectangular piece and looked down at Wrecker. "Start moving." She orders, her biceps prominent as Wrecker begins walking in the correct direction, holding Alona up as she pushes the piece until Phee tells them to stop.

The last one was even higher, out of Wrecker and Alona's reach. She debated risking her safety and using the Force, but then her brain lit up. "Hey, Wrecker, remember how we got inside of that air duct on Skako Minor?" She chimed, raising an eyebrow at his helmeted head.

Wrecker laughs excitedly. "Oh yeah!" He exclaims, throwing Alona high into the air. She grabbed hold of the piece and began swinging back and forth until she had enough momentum to move the rectangle sculpture across the wall.

When it was in place, she let go and dropped to the ground, landing effortlessly on her feet.

An aggressive rumbling started and the room shook violently.  Hunter shone his flashlight at the walls, and then glanced at Alona. "That doesn't sound good."

Alona sighed. "We have the worst kriffing luck."

Phee pushed Alona into Hunter's chest and then tackled Wrecker to the ground just as a large chunk of the ceiling crashed into the place the two were just standing.

Phee stood back up once the rumbling stopped, rubbing her elbows as she looked around. "Booby traps. Now it's getting interesting." She hummed, obviously unfazed.

Hunter's helmeted head turns to Phee and he points his flashlight in her face. "You've just trapped us in here!"

"Technically your girlfriend and Big Guy did. Not me." Phee said with her hands raised. "You need to relax. There's always a way out. We just have to find it. It's part of the puzzle."

    Alona sighed and ran her hands over her face. "I hate puzzles."

    Omega examined the compass, running her thumbs across the engraved markings. Then she looks through a small hole in the compass that has a thin glass layer. She gasps. "Wait! We're aligning the wrong symbols!" She shouts, standing atop the ceiling piece that had nearly crushed Wrecker and Alona. She looked back through the eyepiece.

Hunter looked up at the blonde. "What do you see?" He asked her.

"Some of the symbols are glowing." Omega smiles, proud of her own discovery.