27.Gregor

The men eventually caught up to Alona, who was crouched down at the top of the mountain. Her shoulders were tense and Hunter, with his heightened senses, heard her angered breathing. The group looks down at the hollowed out mountain.

    "This looks like some sort of military base." Hunter chimes, scanning the area for any signs of Gregor.

    "Not one that I've ever heard of." Tech says, then looks up at an approaching ship. The four of them get lower to the ground as they watch the ship land in a docking bay inside that mountain.

    "Come on. Let's get a closer look." Hunter determines, starting down the rocks to find the entrance to the military base.

    Alona follows swiftly, already knowing what they were about to come across. Maybe she should have listened to Hunter's gut. This was a bad idea.

    They get closer to the ledge of the base and Echo pulls out his binocs. "I'm clocking a couple of commandos and squads of clone troopers...they've updated their armor." The ex-arc trooper said, his voice twisting in confusion.

    Hunter turns his helmeted head to him. "Let me see."

   "What have you become?"

    Alona looks over her shoulder, her heart skipping a beat. Not again. This is not good timing. But...that was her voice. Alona was calling to herself, why?

    "The mountain's natural composition makes this base well-fortified and nearly impenetrable." Tech explains, taking the binoculars from Hunter and handing them back to Echo.

    Alona shrugs. "Not for me."

    "Look at yourself!"

    Alona falters, her eyes fluttering while she tried to shut her mind away from the audible visions. Go away.

    Hunter shook his head. "This is no longer just a simple extraction. Let's get back to the Marauder and leave word for Rex." He and Tech stood up, starting back in the direction they came from.

    Alona shook her head disapprovingly, standing up beside Echo and tapping her fingers on her thigh. She couldn't leave Gregor here. He was family. She wasn't going to let him down like she did Anakin.

    "But what about the mission?" Echo asked. Hunter and Tech stopped and turned to face the two reluctant people.

    "We do not know for certain if CC-5576 is even in there...or if he is still alive." Tech replies, scuffing his heel against the concrete.

    Alona reached out into the Force. Her eyes flickered and though it felt like minutes for her to get a connection, it was actually a mere second. "Gregor's alive. He's in that base, I know it."

    Hunter sighed. "We'd be going in blind without any reinforcements." And they would risk Alona getting turned over to Palpatine, something Hunter refused to let happen. He couldn't let that happen.

    "You did that on Skako Minor when you rescued me. I'd still be trapped in that place if you hadn't. If Gregor's in there being held against his will, we have to try to get him out." Echo says strongly, taking a step closer to the ledge of the base.

    Alona crosses her arms over her chest and watches Hunter contemplate. When his head slightly lowered and he raised a hand to his helmet where the comm was, she knew he was in.

    "Wrecker, do you copy?" Hunter asks. Alona hides a smile, glancing to the side at the base.

    "Yeah, we hear ya. Did you find the reg?" Wrecker asked from the other end of the comm.