55.Indescribable Feeling

"Tech, Omega, do you copy?" Hunter repeats for the hundredth time into the comm, anxiously waiting for a response. He, Wrecker, and Alona had wandered far into the cave, no signs of any water anywhere.

    Finally, there was an answer on the comm. "Affirmative. We took an unforeseen detour, but we are alive." Tech's voice chimes, seemingly out of breath. Alona dropped her head and laughed.

    Hunter lets out a relieved sigh, running a hand through his hair. "Where are you?"

    "That...is a good question. Stand by." Tech replies, going silent. Alona chews on her lip, leaning against the stone wall patiently. Another two minutes pass before the goggle-wearing man finally answers back. "Hunter, we found an alternate way out, but you will need to retrieve our gear." And then he gave some instructions to find the place where he and Omega had fallen.

    Alona raised an eyebrow. "Wow, I'm so glad I cleared the rubble from the cave-in for no reason." She joked.

    Quickly the three of them had come upon Tech and Omega's gear, seeing a few fresh vials of ipsium that had been mined from this cave.

    Hunter raised the comm to his mouth. "Alright, Tech. We've got the gear and the ipsium."

    "Good. Next you'll need to carefully scale down the narrow crevasse and descend into the aqueduct below. You will come upon us once the rapids eject you over the waterfall. But you must not compromise the mineral vials or you will perish."

    Alona blinked. "No stress though."

    "You gotta be kidding me!" Wrecker groaned, looking down at the dark abyss. There was no telling how far down the drop was to the water.

    "Hang tight. We're on our way." Hunter said calmly, pulling his helmet over his head.

    "I hate this planet!" Wrecker grumbled.

    Alona was the first to step up to the edge. "Anything's better than Tatooine." She said as she flipped forwards, descending down into the unknown blackness of the mine.

She knew Hunter had jumped almost immediately after her, and Wrecker's horrified scream is heard mere seconds before Alona is submerged in ice-cold water that gave Kamino's a run for its money.

    The water flowed rapidly in just one direction, and Alona gave into the current easily, holding her breath as she flailed around like a sock in the washer. She saw her left hand spark and stiffen up, and she cringed at just how bad the damage would be by the end of this.

    The hand was starting to become a major problem in recent missions.

    Water flooded into Alona's nose as she was sucked down a water tunnel, flowing through the cold liquid at an even faster rate. She had a feeling the waterfall was coming up. She would be able to breathe soon.

    Hunter's teal painted parts of his armor were easy to point out despite the darkened water, only illuminated by the unmined ipsium. He was reaching out for her, but Alona shot out from the waterfall, landing in the calm but deep pool. Hunter shot out quickly after her and then Wrecker, who was still screaming.

    Alona quickly swam to the bank, spluttering water and trying to clear her nose that burned from the liquid invasion. Hunter crawled up next to her, ripping his helmet off and coughing a couple times.

    Wrecker washed up on his back, groaning in shock as he held up a thumb. "I'm good."

"See? That wasn't so bad." Omega's voice chimes as she crouches down in front of Wrecker's dramatic self.