chapter three

ARIA

I LEFT THE ROOM AND DIDN'T SAY A WORD. And for the first time in ages, I followed someone's orders. By the time I had reached my bedroom, I heard the front door open and slammed shut after.

What I had witnessed last night was something I've never seen before. I didn't know what had happened to Ronan during that. Was this why my family feared him? It was clear as day that this had to be some type of mental illness he had, but no one would talk about it because of how frighten they were by him.

I had woken up at the same time I usually wake up every morning, 7 in the morning. I had grown used to it, ever since I was in school and now that I wasn't in school anymore, I became accustom to it. I had gotten in the shower and washed off my sleepiness, after I changed my clothes.

A yellow top, and a pink pair of shorts. It was completely absurd but I had nothing else to wear. Before I could even get to the stairs, I open my door and see a smiley Stella standing in the doorway.

She had a few bags in her hands. "I bought you some new clothes. Their all dark colored, mostly black," she holds the two brown bags out and I take it. I smile and dip my head into the back. It was a few black tops, some short sleeved, some cropped, and some long sleeved. Then their were jeans, joggers, and few pairs of shorts.

"Thank you, I love them." I tell her. As someone who was apart of a kidnapping, she was really nice. I actually didn't mind being here. It was better than be all cooped up in that house filled with people I barely even tolerated. But, I still thought of Amelia and my young cousin Robbie.

"I'll be downstairs, while you get changed. I'm making homemade pancakes and eggs," she shuts the door and leaves. Again, I strip out of these ridiculous clothing and put on the clothes she bought me. I felt much better, and made my way to the kitchen.

In the living room was Nicholas who sat on the black sofa with the television remote in his hand. He didn't even bother to spare me a look, but I didn't care. "Good morning, Aria." Nicholas says. I turn around and his eyes we're still on the television. "Good morning, to you too," I reply.

"I love it when everyone gets along!" exclaimed Stella, as she continued to stir the bowl of flour and several other wet ingredients in it. Yesterday, Stella had mentioned that she was only nineteen when she met Nicholas, who was twenty-eight years old. So, I presume that she is now twenty-one and he is thirty years old, considering it has been two years since they freed Ronan. Also, Stella had informed me that they got engaged almost a year ago and haven't had any time to plan a wedding. However, the truth is that she doesn't want one, and she isn't sure if Nicholas would be okay with that.

I felt like a wedding wasn't just about the bride. It was about both the bride and the groom. It was their day, and their decisions at that. The only thing was is, he propose and she didn't. He got on one knee, and she stood. He asked her, and she said yes.

If I ever get married, I will make sure that my future partner and I are on the same page. If my future husband has any doubts, I will call off the wedding. If he gets cold feet, we will wait until he's ready before giving it another try. Sometimes, we overlook men's feelings simply because they are men. Men were traditionally taught not to show emotions because it was seen as emasculating. Consequently, men often hide their true feelings due to societal perceptions in our flawed world.

"Is there a specific shape you would like your pancake, Aria?" Stella brings me out of my thoughts. I slightly turn in the turning stool. "Regular, is fine." I tell her and she smiles.