Chapter 4: Return to Mazuri! A Planet Puzzle Quest Continues!

3rd POV:

Back at Spagonia University at night time...

They have arrived and successfully rescued Professor Pickle and recovered the ancient documents from Eggman's secret laboratory. Everyone is having a bit of a tea break, especially Chip who enjoys it the most.

Y/n: So those ancient documents, does it have any to do with all of this Professor?

Pickle: You're correct young Y/n. These ancient documents are known as the Gaia Manuscripts. They tell the legend of a disaster that befell our planet, some tens of thousands of years ago.

Tails: A disaster?

Y/n: Wait, did something like this happen before?

Pickle: I'm afraid so. And according to the Gaia Manuscripts, this isn't the first time the planet has been broken apart into pieces.

Sonic, Tails, and Y/n are shocked to their core that something like this happened in the past.

Y/n: 'Geez, this might be a lot to take in. The planet is split apart and yet we're still here. Those dark minions appear in the night. And that portal has been disrupted that I got dragged into.' And where does all of this come from?

Pickle: I'm glad we're on the right question. The cause lies at the very core of the planet. All of the phenomena we've witnessed are the direct result of one creature- the hyper-energy organism spawned from the planet's core, Dark Gaia.

Y/n: Dark Gaia huh? That sounds like a deity of destruction. 'If we can find a way to take it down.'

Pickle: Indeed it is.

Tails: So how do we stop this Dark Gaia and put the world back together in place?

Pickle: Luckily, Dark Gaia has yet to be fully reborn. We most likely have Eggman's premature wake-up call to thank for that.

Sonic: Thanks a lot, egghead.

Y/n: So there is a way.

Pickle: Indeed. If we act now, we may be able to restore the planet by returning the power to the Chaos Emeralds. Sonic and Y/n, you must travel to each of the temples listed in the Gaia Manuscripts. The planet's power will restore the Chaos Emeralds, and in turn, the Chaos Emeralds will restore the planet and help it heal naturally.

Sonic: So Y/n... are you ready for this?

Y/n looked at them with a toothy smile.

Y/n: Heh you need to ask? I'm definitely in. I'm up to myself stronger, filled with thrilling adventures.

Tails: Wow I'm surprised how you managed to understand this.

Y/n: Eh well, I went through school while my memories were sealed and have been working on my job. You know, multitask.

Chip and Sonic: What?! Your memories were sealed too?!

Y/n: Yeah it's a long and complicated story until it comes back and I know who I am.

Tails: Wow, that's amazing Y/n! Well, either way, I'm in too!

Tails' remote device is starting to beep, he checks it and he's shocked by what's happening.

Tails: Oh no, this isn't good!

Sonic: Tails, what's wrong?

Tails: My readings show that Eggman is already on the move at Mazuri! He's forcing tell the villagers where the Temple of Gaia is!

Sonic: Looks like we have to find it before he does. Let's go, everyone!

Y/n, Tails, and Chip: Right!