Final Chapter: Aftermath! Connections with Our Hearts, Always!

3rd POV:

Chip, Sonic, and Y/n have successfully defeated Dark Gaia in its full power. However, their victory ends when Sonic and Y/n are worn out of their super form, Gaia Colossus catches them and is now unconscious.

Meanwhile, in Shamar, the townspeople were still cheering that the crisis was over. Amy and Professor Pickle know that Sonic and Y/n have succeeded.

Professor: Ahh, the light reigns over darkness, and the world is returned to peace. It's simply a miracle. We've been saved by a miracle!

Amy:I told you, didn't I? There was no way Sonic would let something like that happen.

Professor: And right you were. Still... We cannot live without the night. We all must sleep. We all must rest. Darkness is a part of our world, just the same as light. It may be that the darkness has not been destroyed, but merely laid to rest. It grows strong over the eons, rises, then is put to slumber by the light. Perhaps that is the true balance of Dark and Light Gaia. That balance may be the very will of the planet itself.

Amy: Save the speech for later! We've got to get things ready for Sonic's coming-home party!

Amy grabs the professor's hand and goes off to the lab for a party for their victory.

Meanwhile back at Eggman Land...

The last piece of the planet is slowly closing in. The Gaia Colossus noticed it and looked at his palm, Sonic and Y/n is still unconscious. A transparent Chip appears above them.

Chip: My friends... Sonic! Y/n! You must live!

Chip sadly waves at them and as he was about to go back to the Colossus...

Sonic and Y/n: C-Chip?

Chip stopped, looked at Sonic and Y/n was miraculously alive, and smiled. Chip went back inside the Colossus, readied, and tossed Sonic and Y/n upwards to the surface with an energy field around them. Y/n barely opened his eyes, and barely saw his friend was left behind, he weakly reached out his hand, shed tears, and went back unconscious.

Chip: Goodbye... Thank you... my friends.

Chip waves them goodbye as he goes down into the lava where the planet piece is sealed. They'll soon realize... they will never see Chip again.

Back with Y/n...

Y/n's eyes are starting to twitch and he hears some voices that are familiar to him.

Pikachu: Pika, Pi! Pikachu!

Riolu: Rio!

Latios: Latios!

Latias: Latias!

Y/n begins to open his eyes as his vision clears up and sees Y/n's Summons are checking up on Y/n. His summons is happy and relieved that Y/n is okay, and nuzzled him with affection.

Y/n: *smile* Hey you guys, sorry I made you worried.

Y/n looked around his surroundings and he recognized the place. He arrived back in Apotos before he first came here.

Y/n: Hey, I know this place.

Y/n was right. The second he saw the windmill, he somehow arrived on Apotos safe and sound. Y/n noticed something is missing.

Y/n: Wait, where's Chip and Sonic-

Pikachu's ears began to twitch and looked at where it came from.

Pikachu: Pika, Pi!

Y/n, Riolu, Latios, and Latias looked where Pikachu was pointing and saw something falling but... coming toward them.

Sonic: Noooo!!!