Chapter 8: Daylight Troubles in Chun-nan and Spagonia!

3rd POV:

Sonic and his friends have managed to restore the Chaos Emeralds and the planet moved back into place, they also rescued the elder and freed the phoenix from Dark Gaia's control.

After that, they decided to return to Spagonia in the university, to tell the professor about their progress and plan the next location.

Pickle: Aww if it isn't Sonic and Y/n. I see you have restored the other piece of the planet.

Sonic: Yes we did!

Pickle: I'd love to see the look on Eggman's face right about now. Speaking of that menace, it appears he's become quite active as of late.

Y/n: Huh active? What do you mean?

Professor: I've heard reports of strange robot sightings here and in Chun-nan.

Sonic, Chip, Tails, and Y/n: What?!

Professor: Yes. It gives me the chills just to think of it. See what you guys can find out.

Sonic: We're on it, professor!

Y/n: I guess we go back to this continent Entrance Stage right?

Sonic: Yeah.

Chip: But before we do that, I'm really hungry. Can't go on without an empty stomach.

Tails: Yeah can't be helped. Let's take a break for a while before we go.

Sonic and his friends have started to take a break and eat some food for a few minutes. Afterward, they went to the Entrance Stage. As they enter, they see a stage locked with a large button and a shoe upgrade.

Y/n: Is that a shoe upgrade?

Sonic: You betcha! That's my Wall Jump Shoes! Leave those things to me!

Sonic jumps on the bounce pads in the air and stomps the large button, deactivating the lasers. Sonic has acquired Wall Jump Shoes.

Sonic: We're all set! Time for our exercise routine!

Y/n: Oh yeah, it's showtime!

(Rooftop Run Day Stage)

As they entered the stage, Sonic and Y/n stretched their arms and legs to prepare for their friendly race.

Sonic and Y/n: *smirk* Here we… GO!

As usual, Sonic has boosted a bit ahead while Y/n following him from behind. Y/n has sparked his idea. Y/n concentrates his ki energy around him. Y/n has started to boost the same way Sonic did. Sonic looked to his right, he was surprised to see Y/n did the same way as he did.

Sonic: Wow! You learned that from me, didn't ya!?

Y/n: Hehe yeah when I look at you, gives me an idea and it motivates me more! The party is still getting crazy and exciting, ya know!

Sonic: *smirk* Heh I think we've already made a great friendship and rivalry! Let's keep this up!

Y/n: Yeah!

They continue to boost through against Eggman's robots. They made some turns, quick steps, grinding rails, jumping from roof to roof, and other parkour moves. Y/n equipped with his King Cerberus in his lightning sansetsukon, bashed those robots while Sonic did some homing attacks.

Sonic and Y/n keep going through, they went up the rooftop, went down through the fence, and skydive to the ground.

Sonic: Better watch out!

Y/n: I see it!

They managed to avoid those spiky boulders and bombs while skydiving and landed on the ground. They continue to proceed running through until they see three green robots.