Chapter 14: The Final Battle Begins! A Miraculous Duo Awaken!

3rd POV:

Sonic and his friends have successfully barged through the gauntlet of doom in Eggmanland. They venture across, went into the temple, and restored the final Chaos Emerald while the continent was in place. However, Dr. Eggman arrived along with his latest invention; the Egg Dragoon, attacking them. At the end of the battle, they successfully destroyed the Egg Dragoon as Dr. Eggman has been defeated, his empire and his plans for world domination came to an end until…

Eggman: How could I lose?! This isn't over! I'll build a Prototype-2 and it… hmm?

As the lava rises, the dark flame tentacles of a gargantuan creature of darkness slowly rise from the lava. Sonic, Chip, Y/n, and his summons are shocked to witness what's happening.

Sonic: What the?!

Chip: Whoa!

Y/n: Talk about humongous!

As the dark gargantuan creature kept rising from the lava, Chip realized what it was.

Sonic: What!

Y/n: Chip, is that what we think it is?

Chip: Yes, it's Dark Gaia!

They were still shocked to see… Dark Gaia is finally awakened and complete. It has brown skin with its lower body and torso resembling that of a snake's, two thin arms with long neon-blue claws, and scaly shoulders. Its head is very wide, much wider than its main body, and is mostly composed of its jagged mouth. Its central face looks like that of a reptile's, with four small horns on the top of it and white eyes

Y/n: We made it this far, there's no way we're back down from this!

Sonic: Yeah! We'll find a way to defeat that thing before it's too late!

Everyone agrees with Sonic and Y/n.

Eggman: Yes, YES! Dark Gaia! Crush this insolent little hedgehog!! Kick him to the outer limits of space!! Hmm?!

Dark Gaia's dark flame tentacles hit the cockpit as Eggman flies off to nowhere.

Eggman: Why meeeeeee?!

The dark flame tentacles from Dark Gaia are attacking Sonic and his friends. They noticed it was heading towards them.

Sonic: Everyone, move!

Sonic grabs Chip, Pikachu on Latios, and Riolu on Latias, and Y/n have dodged the dark flame tentacles and gets onto another rocky platform. They landed safely and looked at Dark Gaia. However, Dark Gaia's eyes shine bright, making direct contact with Sonic. As they are ready to fight, they notice something is wrong with Sonic, as he kneeled to the ground in pain. They grew concerned for Sonic.

Chip: Sonic! What's wrong!?

Y/n: Hey, are you okay?! Please talk to me, Sonic!!

Y/n’s Summons: Pika!/Riolu!/Latios!/Latias!

They see what's happening to Sonic, his teeth, and his claws are shrinking and his spikes are coming off. Sonic is shaking up violently as what happens next.

Sonic: Aaaggghhh!!!

Sonic yelled out in pain as the dark energy was coming out of him completely towards Dark Gaia. Dark Gaia has absorbed all of Sonic's dark energy, Dark Gaia's forehead opens up three eyes and roars. Chip and Y/n’s Summons are a bit afraid of what they've witnessed, Y/n is shocked but he stands his ground as he won't back down. They snapped out of it and checked on Sonic, he was no longer in his Werehog form anymore.

Chip: Sonic, you've got to get up! Sonic!!

Y/n: C'mon Sonic, hang in there buddy! We'll find a way!

Pikachu: Pika, Pi!! Pikachu!!