Number one gets put down

Heeseung pov:

I feel like crawling under a rock. I feel like disappearing.

I haven't felt like this in forever...

I'm Lee Heeseung, 20yo, second year at The Northern University, top student of the Spe Physics Class.

One thing about me is that I've never been very sociable. But I'm not a sociopath. However, in order to focus on what's most important in my life, I decided a long time ago that I would completely stop caring about what other people think of me!

This resolution got violently put down today.

I've had a crush on Violetta Choi since High-School. She is a shy kid with long hair. I always thought she was similar to me because she seemed to put her academic results first. This was the reason I fell for her in the first place.

I also liked her cute face and sweet personality, and I think we became kind of friends at some point. But today, I understood this love was neither meant to be, nor reciprocated.

It wasn't my fault, and certainly not Violetta's. But we ended up as the crowd's center during lunch time. Last thing I remember, the crowd was clapping at us loudly, circling us, and chanting for us to kiss.

"You're both nerds! You must be dating! A cute couple of nerds!" was the reflexion that ignited such agitation. If I remember correctly, it didn't start as a bad intention, but the situation certainly felt bad.

However, I still had hope that Violetta would also think that we would look good together, so I turned to her with Eager eyes.

But before I could even cross eyes with her, she was howling at the crowd:

"STOP IT! HE AND I AREN'T DATING! JUST BECAUSE WE BOTH WEAR GLASSES DOESN'T MEAN I WOULD EVER DATE THAT!"

The chants immediately stopped and Violetta stepped out the room, leaving me alone in the center of the circle, humiliated...

I was a "that".