Drunk tears

Jake's pov:

Heeseung was completely drunk.

When he saw me, he started crying, and said,

"Jake! You were here the whole time? I was searching for you!"

"Y-you too?" I asked, standing up to come help him stay afoot.

I knew he wouldn't understand a word I was saying, but I was so relieved to not be the only one annoyed that we got separated.

"Were you looking for me?" he asked, stopping his sobs.

"Yes, all night."

I came to catch him by the waist before he could stumble again.

"All night? Did you miss me?"

"Yes, very much."

I helped him towards the bed so he could sleep and sober up. But there, he grabbed my vest and exclaimed,

"That day! Why did you kiss me?"

I became completely red. Of all the thing he could ask while drunk, he had to talk about the kiss!

"I-I told you, it was the simulation."
I jumped when I saw him suddenly start crying again.
"W-w-wait! Don't cry, Heeseung, please!"

"Don't say it was a simulation then! Idiot! I told you my true feelings!"

"Your true f- Do you mean you were serious when you said you liked me?"

"Yes, I like you, for fuck's sake! What about you, do you like me?"

"Well, I-"

Just as I was preparing my words, the door opened, and the girl that brought Heeseung in appeared with a bottle of water in hand.

"Oh," she let out.

But before I could do anything, Heeseung had pulled on my vest and shouted,

"Look at me!"

And there and then, smashed his mouth against mine.

The girl gasped, and Heeseung fell back on the bed, knocked out.

I stayed frozen, a hand in front of my mouth, trying to process what just happened.

"I- I'll just leave you two alone."

Remembering she was there, I brusquely turned around, be she had already left.

Too shook to do anything, I lied Heeseung down safely on the bed, until I was finally sane enough to carry him to the car.

The next day, as expected, Heeseung had forgotten everything.