End of Heeseung's lingering

Heeseung's pov:

"So, hum...how is it going?" asks Jake.

"Hm?" I say.

"Well, the whole popularity thing."

I laugh.

"You're still hung up on that? I think it's not even a question anymore, don't you think?"
I'm looking right in his eyes now. I'm fighting the urge to avert my gaze so I can grasp all his reactions.
"It's all thanks to you, isn't it?" I whisper, slowly leaning towards him.

He blushes. My heart starts racing.

This time, I'm sure, it's the real deal.

"So...," his hesitation is unbearable. "Among all these people, do you..."

God, don't tell me he's going to ask if I have a girlfriend or something!

I'm so tensed my hand moves on its own, grabbing his vest.

"Jake," I nail my gaze through his. "You know I don't, right?"

"Right."

He looks like he's about to melt. I tug on his vest.

Come on.

"Yes, I- I know."

This spineless bastard.

I pull hard on his vest, and without any warning or question, finally, I kiss him.

Finally.

Thank God he doesn't pull away. I feel his hands gently grabbing my face and his tongue brush my lips. Without seeing it, I know he's closing his eyes.

My face is secured against his, and the heat is calming. I want more. I pull even harder on his vest, forcing him to move his chair closer. Our legs are intertwining, my arms are around his neck now, and I'm leaning more and more forward.

Why can't I just fusion with him? I've never felt anything like this.

I even think I never felt anything before him...

He's the one. He's the only one better than me, the only one against whom I can never win.

He used to have everything I don't have, but now, he's mine!