Chapter 1- Lock down

"Farha! Farha!! Wake up, it's time for subhi prayer" I woke up Immediately upon hearing my Mother's voice.
Then I woke my elder sister Fatima who was sleeping beside me.

I first went into the toilet to ease myself, then I came out and went out side to perform ablution.

My sister has already finished performing ablution by the time I came out of the toilet, so she started praying before me.

After my ablution, I came back into the room to pray. After praying, I took my bath, dressed up, then I waited for Fatima and my junior brother Muhammad to finish dressing up so that we could go to school.

After they finished, I went to call my dad so that he could drop off at school. "Assalamualaikum" I said before entering his room and he answered "wa'alaikum Salam". "Good morning Daddy" I greeted "good morning dear, how was your night?" He asked. " It was peaceful" I answered. "

Daddy, we are ready for school" I said. "Okey, give me a sec, I 'll be out, Wait for me in the car" he said. "Okey daddy" I answered.

We waited for him in the car and after five minutes, he came out and drove us to school.

Fatima and I, were in a different School, she was in SS2, while I was in SS1 in the same school with Muhammad who was in Jss2.

Fatima was dropped off first, then I and Muhammad were last.

That morning when I went to class, the first thing I met at the door was my greatest fear, Our mathematics teacher Mr. Daniel Jones also Know as, Mr. DJ.
He never spared any late comer, and he is always early,no matter how early you come to school, you will still meet him in school.

Immediately I saw him, I started praying to God in my heart. "Oh God, please save me from this man, don't allow him to punish me" I prayed.
"Come here" Mr. DJ said while holding a big cane.

"If you allow me to repeat what I said, I will double the cane" he said when I didn't obey his first command. I immediately came forward and he asked me to stretch my hand and I did.

"Slash" "slash" before I knew what was happening, two slashes of cane has already landed on my hand.

"Aahhh" I screamed with tears in my eyes.

"I'm sorry Sir it won't happen again" I said with tears in my eyes. "If you come late next time, I will give you times two of this, is that understood?" He asked. "Yes sir" I answered.

"Oya, go and get seated" he said. "Thank you sir" I said and immediately went to my seat.

Upon reaching where my seat is, I saw someone else sitting there, it was Aisha, I told her to stand up but she refused, and I quietly went to the back seat and I sat there, because I had no time to argue, I didn't want to get into trouble.

After the mathematics class, we had three more classes, before we went on break by 11:00am. During the break, I sat with my friends, Hauwa,and Aisha. We ate our food in peace and chatted happily.

During the break time, our school coordinator called for an emergency assembly, and in no time everyone assembled in front of his office.

"Good morning students" he greeted.

"Good morning sir" all the students greeted back. "Do you know why I called for this assembly?" He asked.

"No sir" the students replied.

"Okey. As we all know, there is this contagious pandemic called Corona virus that spread very fast. So, the federal government had decided to start a curfew and all schools will be closed for now ...."
"Yaaay" all the students cheered with happiness even before the co ordinator could finish talking.

"Silence" he said And all the students became quiet.

"As I was saying, during the lock down, we will be having online classes, so if u go to your classes, is that understood?" The coordinator said.

"Yes sir" the students answered.

After the assembly we didn't took two more classes. After that, I sat with Hauwa and we chatted for a long time.

"hey girl" I said to Hauwa. "Hi" she replied.

Hauwa is a good friend of mine, people usually say we resemble eachother but I don't think it's true.

"Girl I'm so happy that we r going on break, at least we will have time to rest" I said.

"Hmm, you know this school likes suffering people, they're always on education first, they never do anything fun.
Now sef the we are going on break, they're talking about online classes. They just don't want somebody to rest" Hauwa said.

"Yeah you are right, but it's for our own good Sha" I said .

When the bell rang for the school to close, Hauwa and I, said good bye to eachother.

Then I went home with my brother.

Hey guys, hope you enjoyed the first chapter. This book is gonna be a very interesting one. Hope you will follow me to know what happened to Farha during the covid 19 lock down.
Don't forget to vote and comment🙂