Chapter 12- Resumption.

It has been six months now and Farha has not had any strange dream neither did she have any visit from Lisa and Austin. Although, she was happy that all that had stopped, but how could the strange dream and visit just suddenly stop. Since Austin left after Farha screamed at him, he never came back and Farha was happy and she finally got to enjoy her peaceful holiday. There has to be some explanation but she didn't pounder on it much. The Federal government of Nigeria announced that students are resuming school by September 2020. Farha was so happy about that. They had only one week left to resume school. During the lock down, the school that Farha attends had already started online classes, so that the students wouldn't be Left behind in terms of academics, and they even had an online examination, so Farha was happy because, now that they're resuming she will be promoted to SS2.

Farha was so happy when she heard the news about the resumption so she called her friends on the phone "hey sumayya" Farha said after her friend answered the phone call.
"Hi how are you" sumayya answered.
"I'm fine. Didn't you hear the news?"
"News about what?" Summayya asked.
"News about the resumption"
"Oh yeah, I've heard"
"I'm so excited to resume" Farha says in excitement.
"Nahh, I'm not really excited about it, it's gonna be a resumption for stress" sumayya said nonchalantly.
"Lol, You are such a lazy ass" Farha says.
"Whatever Fish brain"
"Who are you calling a fish brain?" Farha said in annoyance.
" You of course".
" Don't worry, when we resume, we will see who's the fish brain".
"Haha,Whatever. byeee" summayya said and hangs up the call.

Through out the week, Farha was busy preparing for school, And finally the day of resumption is here. Farha woke very early and prepared for school, she wore her school uniform; a short navy blue skirt that stopped below her knee, a milk long sleeve shirt with a maroon neck tie and a maroon beret with a navy blue suit. She looks pretty good in the uniform, she combs her long hair and tied it into a pony tail and she put on her beret. she even finished preparing before her siblings so she had to wait. By 7:20 they were all prepared and their dad dropped them off at school.

Farha and her brother arrived at school by 7:35, the school assembly has already started in the school hall so they immediately joined in.
The school principal was standing on the stage facing the students, the principal is a little chubby with a medium hight. " Welcome back students" principal said. "Thank you sir" the students replied simultaneously. " As you all know, the Corona virus is still out there, it's very dangerous and deadly. So I urge all students that we should all co-operate and abide by the rules set by the government. No face mask, no entry and don't forget to always sanitize your hands and do not make any physical contact. And there should be social distance. Is that understood?" The principal said. "Yes sir" the students replied.
"As we all know, everyone has already took their promotional examinations online. So those that passed the exams will be promoted to the next class". The principal said. After another long speech, he finally said "you all can go to your various classes".
And with that, all the students left the assembly and went to their classes, those that were promoted, including Farha went to their various classes, while those that failed the exams had to repeat their previous class.

Farha and her friends were so happy to see each other again and they all hugged eachother.
"Hey don't forget, maintain social distancing" sumayya said and they all laughed. "Did we tell you that we have Corona virus?" Farha said. " You all should better get seated before the teacher comes". Kausar said. And they all took their seats. Hauwa, Zara, Nafisa and sumayya are science students while Farha and kausar are art students so they all went to their various classes, Farha was having a government class so the teacher comes in.
"Good morning sir" the students greeted the teacher.
"Thank you, hope you learned a lot during the lock down"
"Yes sir".
"Good, let's start our first topic which is military rule in Nigeria"the teacher said as he writes on the board.

The class goes on until it gets interrupted by the principal.
"Mr. Daniel give me a minute to introduce a new student" the principal said to the teacher.
"No problem sir" the teacher replied.
" A new student is going to join you guys today, so you should be nice to him and update him on the things he had Missed out on"
All the while that the principal was talking, Farha was not paying any attention to what he said. Until he said "the name of the student is Austin". As Soon as the principal said that, Farha raised her head from her book and her jaw dropped at the sight of who walked in.

" Austin? What the hell is he doing here?" Farha said to herself in surprise, and she immediately put on her nose mask."maybe he wouldn't recognize me" she said as she face her note book on the table. Farha was sitting in the front row near the window, so there was an empty seat behind her and another empty seat at the back of the class. Farha prayed in her mind for him not to seat behind her, but to her disappointment, he did seat behind her.

Farha decided to pretend as if she doesn't know him and she concentrated on the topic as the class goes on. They had three more classes before they went for break. During the break time, Farha's class mates went to talk to Austin but Farha left the class to the school cafeteria. She met her friend there. "Farha!" Sumayya called. "I heard that there's a new guy in your class and i heard he is cute too. Is that true?" Sumayya asked. "Yeah we have a new student" Farha said nonchalantly. "Well is he cute?"
"Why don't you go and see for yourself and stop asking me questions" Farha said annoyed. "Okay I will, since you refuse to answer me" sumayya said and left.

After Farha left the cafeteria she went to the school play ground, there were no much students there so she decided to stay there on the swing and read a novel she brought to school. Moments later she lookes around her and the few students in the park were gone, she looks at the Purple watch on her wrist and "OMG it's five minutes until break is over, I have to go back to class, I don't wanna be late for mathematics class". She says as she gets off the swing and as she was about to leave, a hand caught her wrist and dragged her back.

A/N: Hey guys 👋, hope you enjoyed reading don't forget to vote and comment on book 🙂