14. What..? A misunderstanding..?

Can looked at Esteban and gave him a thankful nod from far. It was just before 4 o'clock in the afternoon and Esteban had managed to get all their employees together at the moment the shifts changed in the afternoon. They were gathered at one side of the lobby, where there were more seats to be find. Can felt nervous when he counted the people in front of him; maybe 15, or 20; he was the CEO but he couldn't remember at the moment exactly how many employees they actually had in Paris. Never mind he thought, and cleared his throat to get their attention. The low mumble stopped and everybody got their eyes at him. Or...them; Sanem stood behind him on one side, like a PA was supposed to. Time to time.

 Time to time

"Uhm...dear friends, I suppose you already know who I am, even if I still don't know all of you. My name is Can, Can Divit, the CEO for the 'Divit's Places' around the world, except for the one in Istanbul where my father Aziz still stays strong, yes."

Can got a small smile on his lips when he thought about his dad. Then he went on.

"I want to thank you all for everything you do and have done here, especially the last few days with the chaos and panic we had to live through, and I am so thankful that everyone is safe and sound. I know that Esteban informed you already, but I say it again; if there is anyone who feels a need for any kind of help, please let us know. There are specialists ready to attend to you, any time, okey? Do not hesitate to let us know."

He heard a few thanks from some of the people before he blew out some air. Then he turned around and reached out his hand towards Sanem. She lifted her face and smiled when she held on to him and got herself to his side. He squeezed her hand and was serious when he turned back towards the staff.

"Ladies and gentlemen, I introduce you to Sanem Aydin, my, until now, so called 'younger sister' since she was eight, and also my PA this year. Yes, she became my 'lil sis' when she was only eight, due to the tragic loss of her own family. My parents have always seen and raised her like as if she really was their own daughter, just as they raised me and my brother Emre, but without any blood ties nor adoption papers, only with lots of love."

He halted and met eyes with her for a moment

He halted and met eyes with her for a moment. He could see tears in her eyes and how she tried to blink them away. Then he turned forward again and went on.