40-Jerks-D3

"It's like you're asking to be called a cake-eater," I say when I see Adam dressed in a tie and a vest.

"My mom said it's important to make a good first impression," He looks down at his skates.

I laugh and put my hand on his shoulder and knock on his helmet, "Whatever, you do look pretty cute."

He makes a face and nods, "Mhm."

I smile and lean up to kiss him, but am interrupted by a voice, "Woah, pg-13 over here."

I turn around and see most of the original Ducks standing there waiting for us. The voice was definitely Avermans.

He skates backwards as I start skating towards him and shove him down, "Lester, you're just jealous because you don't have a girlfriend."

Les puts his hands up in surrender, "Rawr. Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed today."

I roll my eyes and reach down to help him up, but instead off pulling him all the way, I let go halfway and he falls on his butt.

All of the Ducks laugh and Charlie says we should get going.

I find Adam and skate by him, "Aren't you nervous?"

"Yeah," he shrugs, "but what's the worst that could happen?"

I raise my eyebrows, "About a million things could happen."

"I'm not worried about us," he squints and looks down at me, "I've got you."

I smile, but then it's replaced with a grimace, "I'm gonna throw up, that's so sweet."

A fake gag leaves my throat and I look up to see Goldberg and Charlie leave the group.

"That's not gonna end good," Guy chuckles as we all watch Goldberg fly down some stairs and Charlie chasing after him.

I look throughout the group and find Connie, "Connie-loo," she slows down to skate next to me, "you look beautiful."

She smiles, "Thanks Ave, but look at you. You look powerful."

An awkward chuckle leaves my throat, "What is that supposed to mean?"

"I don't know," she shrugs, "you just look like you're in charge."

I look down at my pants. I wore black dress pants, a white tank top, and a black jacket thing. I understand what she means now. All of it was my moms idea.

"Hm," I hum, "you've got a point."

Connie laughs and loops her arm through mine as we skate forward, "Aren't you excited? New beginnings- high school. I'm excited."

"I'm just worried about hockey," I sigh, "I've been practicing so much because I'm scared the coach will think I suck.

Connie hits my arm, "Don't say that. You're the best one on the team. He'd be insane not to see that."

"Thanks Con," I smile, "what would I ever do without you?"

"I don't know, Ava," She smiles back at me and all of us keep skating until we go under a bridge. All of a sudden, Charlie and Goldberg land heroically in front of us.

"Goldberg, don't you ever do that to me again," Charlie puts his hands on Greg's shoulders.

"Nice of you guys to join us," I shout from the back.

Charlie skates next to me, "Hey Ava."

"How are you feeling?" I ask, hoping he knew what I meant.

"About coach?" He asks and I nod. Charlie looks ahead of everyone, "I'm disappointed. I wish he was here, but I've got you and all of the Ducks, so I'm not worried."