two.

"Harry! Harry Potter!"

   The brunette turned, Elizabeth racing towards him. "I heard the news! Congratulations!" He grinned, Ron nodding from beside him. "Isn't it great?" Elizabeth nodded, turning to Hermione as they began to walk. "Hi Herm-"

   "That's one rotten twin brother you've got." Elizabeth faltered slightly, nodding slowly. "I suppose so." She frowned, it seemed like Hermione didn't like her much. They made their way up the stairs, Elizabeth lagging slightly behind the others. "Guys-"

   Suddenly the stairs began to move, the girl falling to her knees. "What's happening?" Harry looked around, Hermione holding the railing. "The staircases change, remember?" Nobody answered her question, too busy scrambling to the landing they had moved to.

   Harry pushed open the door, the kids filing inside. "Does anybody feel like we shouldn't be here?" Ron questioned aloud, Hermione rolling her eyes. "Because we're not supposed to be here, this is the third floor, it's forbidden!"

   Suddenly Filch's cat, Mrs.Norris, appeared out of nowhere, growling at the kids. "Run!" They took off through the chamber, Elizabeth struggling slightly to keep up, her robes slightly too long. "Through that door!" Harry tried to pull it open, sighing in frustration. "It's locked!"

   "We're done for!" Ron fretted, Hermione shoving him away. "Oh move over! Alohomora!" The door opened, the group rushing inside. Elizabeth placed her hands on her knees, huffing out air.

   Associating with Harry Potter seemed to get her nothing but trouble.

   "Sounds like he's gone, probably because this door was locked," she sighed, following the others as they went to stand with Harry. "And for good reason," he mumbled. Elizabeth followed his eyes to a ginormous sleeping three headed dog.

   It yawned, slowly awakening. She couldn't help but be fascinated. The creature was so cute, she almost wanted it as a pet. However Hermione, Ron, and Harry let out a scream that snapped her from her trance.

   They ran for the door, Ron pulling her with them as the dog followed on their heels. They slammed the door in its face, the blonde feeling slightly sorry for it. "What do they think they're doing!?" Ron complained as they started back towards the stairs.

   "Keeping a thing like that locked up in a storage closet." He shook his head in disapproval. Elizabeth shook her head, stopping as they made it to the stairs. "They were standing on a trap door, they're guarding something," she explained.

   Ron opened his mouth to say something again, the girl cutting him off. "But it really is off limits so we should leave it alone. Now I'll be headed back to my dorm. I don't know about you but I'm exhausted, goodnight."

   Before letting them speak again she strode off down the steps, leaving the other three in her wake. Before leaving for Hogwarts she decided she wanted her school years to be semi-normal, something that wasn't going to happen if she chased secrets with Harry Potter and his friends.

   Ron sighed, "Goodnight Lizabeth!"

* * *

   "Ronald!" Elizabeth grinned at the boy as she caught up with him. She briefly waved at the others he was walking with, Dean, Seamus, Neville, and Harry. "I was wondering if you could-" The redhead ignored her, laughing with the others. "She's a nightmare! Honestly! No wonder she hasn't got any friends!"

   The blonde wondered who he could be talking about when her question was answered, Hermione rushing by with tears streaking her face. Elizabeth shot a glare at the boys, chasing after her.

   She followed her to the old bathroom, slowly smiling at her. "Hermione? Are you okay?" The girl looked up from the sink, her cheeks reddening. "I'm fine! G-Go away!" Elizabeth shook her head, smiling softly. "Ron didn't mean that, I promise."

   The brunette shook her head, "why do you care?"

   Elizabeth smiled, "well we are friends..." At the silence that ensued after her statement the girl's face burst into color. It was clear Hermione didn't think of her as such and she had just embarrassed herself. "S-Sorry I-"

   "No! We are friends! I want to be friends!" she raced over to her, grasping her hands. "I-I've never had a girlfriend before, they all think I'm annoying," she explained. Elizabeth nodded in understanding, "normally everyone hates me because of Draco."

   At this the two girls shared a laugh, being interrupted by the sound of pounding down the hall. "I wonder what that is?" The blonde peeked around the corner, being met with a wide green belly. She raised her eyes realizing it was a troll.

   "Run!" Hermione pulled her into a stall, slamming the door behind them. A moment later the troll swung his club, destroying the stalls. Both girls dropped to the ground, dust filling the air around them.

   "Hermione, Elizabeth! Move!"

   At the sound of Harry's voice both girls began to crawl forward, the troll swinging his club again. Elizabeth paused as splinters pierced her skin, squeezing her eyes shut. "Hey pea brain!" the troll turned at Ron's voice, Hermione and Elizabeth taking the chance to crawl under the sinks.

   The troll turned to them once again, lifting his club. Hermione screamed, Elizabeth quickly yanking her closer to avoid the club. The sink next to them was destroyed, both girls turning to their friends. "Help!"

   Harry lifted his wand, grabbing onto the troll's club, he landed on his head, the troll quickly grabbing him. He began to swing his club at him, Harry panicking. "Do something!" Ron raised his wand, "wingardium leviosa!"

   He finally said the spell right, the club beginning to float. The troll looked up at it, the club coming down and landing on his head. He collapsed, dropping Harry to the floor. Elizabeth breathed a sigh of relief, crawling from under the sinks.

   "What on earth!" Mcgonagall ran into the room, followed by Snape and Dumbledore. "Explain yourselves!" she demanded. Both boys fell quiet, Hermione speaking up. "It was my fault mam! I thought I could take on a troll but I was wrong. If Harry, Ron, and Elizabeth hadn't come and found me, I'd probably be dead," she lied.

   Mcgonagall sighed, "Be that as it may, it was an extremely foolish thing to do, I would've expected more from you Ms.Granger. Five points will be taken from Gryffindor for your serious lack of judgment."

   She turned to Ron and Harry, "for you two, five points...will be awarded to each of you." She turned to Elizabeth, hesitating slightly. "You as well Ms.Malfoy." The blonde broke into a grin.

    She couldn't wait to tell Draco.