forty two.

The dragon began to fire at them, Elizabeth pushing her back against the wall beside Hermione. "We can't just stand here, we need a plan!" Hermione shouted. "You're the brilliant one," Ron argued back.

Elizabeth sighed, turning to Hermione. They seemed to communicate through their eyes as they nodded simultaneously, Elizabeth whipping out her wand. "Reducto!" she blasted the fence, Hermione running forward to jump onto the dragon.

Elizabeth followed suit, sliding onto the dragons back. She turned to the boys, "hurry!" They both ran and jumped, landing smoothly on the back. Hermone blasted the chains, the dragon beginning to climb from the bottom of the mines.

They reached the ground floor of the bank, the dragon breaking through the ground and shattering the glass roof. He climbed out, perching on a landing over the city. He paused for a moment, Ron looking crazed. "Now what?"

Elizabeth frowned, "sorry dragon. Reducto!" She shot its tail, the dragon quickly kicking into gear and taking off into flight over london. They soared through the clouds, Ron laughing. "Brilliant! Bloody brilliantly!"

After a few moments they began to lose altitude. "We're dropping!" Ron pursed his lips, "I say we jump!" Elizabeth frowned, how did their plans always go so wrong. "When?" Hermione's hair whipped around her face.

"Now!" Harry released his hold, dropping into the water. His friends did the same, sinking into the dark sea. Elizabeth gasped, emerging from the water. She began to swim towards the nearest shore, climbing onto the stone.

Harry climbed up after her, the boy storming forward. "He knows." Hermione caught her breath, "what?"

Harry shook his head, "he knows that we broke into the vault at gringotts. He knows what we took and he knows we're hunting horcruxes."

Elizabeth frowned, following her friends towards the grass. "How is it you know?" Harry hesitated a moment, "I saw him." Hermione frowned, "You let him in? Harry, you can't do that."

"Hermione, I can't always help it! Well, maybe I can, I don't know." They were all in a rush, words flying out at the speed of light. "Nevermind that, what happened!?" Ron stumbled after them, his teeth chattering.

"Well, he's angry. And scared too." He continued to rant, Hermione kneeling as she dug into her pouch. "He knows if we find all the horcruxes we could kill him." She began to pull out clothes, passing them around.

"There's more, one of them is at hogwarts." Harry shrugged off his jacket. Elizabeth looked up as she unfastened her dress, "what?"

Harry pulled off his shirt, "I saw the castle and the tower of Ravenclaw, it must have something to do with Rowena Ravenclaw. We have to go back." Hermione scoffed, wrapping a towel around herself. "We can't do that! We need a plan!"

"Hermione, when have any of our plans actually worked? We plan, we get there, all hell breaks loose." Elizabeth frowned as she pulled on the long sleeve shirt of Harry's that Hermione had given her. He was right. Their plans never work.

Ron pulled on his shirt, "he's right. One problem: Snape's headmaster now. We can't just walk through the front door."

Harry nodded, running a hand through his wet hair, "We'll go through honeydukes cellar. Somethings wrong with him. I've always been able to follow his thoughts and now everything just feels disconnected."

Ron looked hopeful, "maybe it's the horcruxes, maybe he's weaker, maybe he's dying."

Harry shook his head, "no, it's more like he's wounded. If anything he feels more dangerous."

* * *

Elizabeth frowned as the screech of alarms rang through her ears. Of course they bloody booby trapped Godric's hollow. They should've known better.

The sounds of men's voices came clear, Harry ducking as he took off through the snow, pulling Elizabeth behind him. They ran through an alleyway only to find the other end fenced off. The door of a building opened, "in here Potter."

Harry ran in without hesitation, Hermione following. Elizabeth paused, staring at the man before continuing inside. Ron tugged her sleeve, "did you get a look at him? For a second I thought it was-"

She nodded, "I know, Dumbledore."

The blonde scanned the room they were in, a painting of a woman following her movements. "Bloody fools, why on earth would you come here? Have you any idea how dangerous it is?" The man appeared, Harry turning to him.

"Aberforth, you're Dumbledore's brother."