forty.

"Where am I?" Elizabeth looked around the cozy room, rubbing her eyes. She groaned as she sat up, looking down to see bandages wrapped around her torso. She lifted the covers, a bandage around her thigh as well.

   She turned, Luna in a chair beside her bed. "I'm glad you're okay." She smiled, handing her a shirt. Elizabeth slipped into the shirt, smiling. "It's nice to see you. Where are the others?" Luna's face fell slightly, "they're downstairs."

   Elizabeth nodded, slowly standing. She made her way downstairs, finding Bill, Fleur, Ron, and Hermione seated at a table. They turned to her, Hermione immediately standing. "I'm so glad you're alright," she hugged her, Elizabeth returning it. "You too."

   They released after a moment, Ron frowning as he stood. He slowly hugged the girl, pulling away after a moment. "You should go see Harry, he's at the top of the hill." Elizabeth nodded, "Tell Dobby I'll see him when I come back, we've got a lot to catch up on."

   Nobody seemed to acknowledge what she said, Elizabeth looking at them strangely. She faked a laugh, "you guys alright?" Hermione smiled, "we're fine. You should go see Harry." Elizabeth nodded slowly, turning to leave the house.

   She stepped outside, finding herself on a beach. She found Harry at the top of a hill, a stone in front of him. After a short hike she made it up to him, the boy already standing. He wrapped her in a hug, engulfing her in him.

   Elizabeth smiled.

   She sometimes wondered what it'd be like to not have her and her friends' lives on the line every day. To have strictly at school friendships and go back home in the summer to be with Draco. Maybe if they had spent more time together she could've saved him from his future.

   Harry pulled away, stepping back to let the girl see the stone. Elizabeth kept the smile on her face as she looked at the stone. "What is it Harry?" She already knew. But she couldn't.

   She just couldn't lose anyone else.

   Harry didn't answer her question. He sat down instead. Elizabeth sat beside him, reading over the grave. Here lies Dobby, a free elf.

   He was a free elf.

   And now he was gone.

   Elizabeth could barely feel the tears slide down her face. She had felt the sensation so many times it was somewhat normal to her. People would die and then she would sit and cry about their deaths.

   It seemed the cycle might never end.

   The girl sighed, "I hate wars more than anything in this life," her voice cracked, "they take and they take and they take but never give. What have we ever gotten out of this?" Elizabeth broke into sobs, holding her face in her hands.

   Harry nodded, setting a hand on her leg.

   He didn't need to say anything.

   She was right.