thirty six.

Hermione sat, fiddling with the radio in her hands. She listened to the monotonous voice of the news man as he drew out the sickeningly long list of wizards who had been killed.

"...Elizabeth-" her breath hitched, "-Penderwick."

Hermione sighed, setting down the radio as Harry added a log to the fire, taking a seat beside her. "They're fine, they're both great wizards." Hermione shook her head, her eyes glossed over. "Liz was splinched, I know she was. They don't have the medicine."

Harry sighed, grabbing the girl's hand. "Ron will find some, he won't leave her."

* * *

Elizabeth stared up at the burrow.

It was destroyed, but still standing. The tent on the outside was still there though half of it was torn down. The party tables and broken glasses were still the same as the night of the wedding, though everything was eerily quiet.

She slowly stepped inside, looking around. The inside was almost untouched, however sickeningly empty. The formerly bustling home had been abandoned completely. It made the blonde want to throw up.

Elizabeth had waited in that town for three days for Ron to come back, he never did. She couldn't find him anywhere.

So she went to the last place she could call home.

Elizabeth looked around the living room, her eyes stopping at the clock hung above the fireplace. Everyone's hands pointed at lost. All except for her's.

She pointed at home.

The blonde made her way up the steps of the house, stopping at Ginny's room. She stepped inside, her, Ginny, and Hermione's beds there, made all nice. She remembered Hermione yelling at them to not leave the room a mess.

Kneeling, Elizabeth clicked open her chest at the base of her bed, using only her right hand to do so. She pulled out an old long sleeved hufflepuff shirt. It was wrinkled with cat fur on it but made the girl smile nonetheless.

After collecting a towel she drew herself a bath, washing her hair and body before dressing again. She dug through the medicine cabinet, nothing she could find aside from allergy medicine. So she settled for wrapping her wrist and bearing the pain.

Once finished she began around the house, gathering random objects.

One of Ginny's stuffed animals, Cedric's picture, the scarf Neville had given her, Molly's apron, one of Hermione's many books, Harry's old shirt, one of the twins products, a letter Sirius had written her, the pocket watch Draco had given her years ago.

She lugged them all upstairs to the top floor where Ron slept. She pushed he and Harry's beds together, kicking off all the blankets and pillows and setting up all the pieces of her friends on the bed.

Then she just sat and stared at them.

She did that for what felt like hours. She wouldn't be able to tell you when she started crying. But she sat and she stared and she cried, shaking. Of all the pain she had felt in her life this was the worst.

She was undoubtedly and undeniably alone.

For miles and miles.

* * *

Elizabeth sat against the counter, waiting for her pancake to be done. She had been at the burrow for two weeks, living alone. Occasionally death eaters would fly overhead, checking for anyone but Elizabeth found she was quite good at being invisible when she wanted to be.

Her wrist hadn't gotten any better.

In fact it had only gotten worse. Apparently the blonde needed to pay more attention when Hermione was lecturing her because she knew frighteningly little about healing. She glanced at her hand, it hung limp on her twisted wrist, the bandage soaked through with blood.

She needed to re-wrap it.

The timer chimed, Elizabeth standing and sliding her pancake off the pan onto a chipped plate. It looked pathetic compared to the ones Molly made but she had to eat something. It's not like the red headed mother figure would come out of hiding just to cook for her.

She went and sat at the table. All around her were other places set up for the family, something she had done her first meal here. Elizabeth couldn't stand being alone. At least now she could pretend they had been there.

She grabbed the syrup from where Fred would usually sit, beginning to eat. The blonde tried to keep herself from wondering where her friends were, if they were okay.

It only made her head hurt.

She reached for a book sitting on the end of the bench accompanied by other mail and newspapers. She hadn't seen this before. Flipping it open, a picture of Ron, Harry, and herself fell out, fluttering to the ground.

Elizabeth picked it up, examining it. It was christmas morning and they were wearing the matching sweaters Molly had made for them that year. It was so long ago she almost didn't remember it.

She felt herself smile, the first smile in weeks.

She continued to flip through the scrapbook, the girl breaking into a grin. Pictures of them as kids; one of her, Hermione, and Ginny at the yule ball, another of her and Neville, one of her, Sirius and Remus at the kitchen table at the order.

She flipped to the last page, it was a photo from last summer. They were in the garden, playing in the sprinklers. Hermione and Ginny were kneeling by the flower beds as Elizabeth assisted Fred and George in hosing down Ron and Harry.

In the moving image they were laughing.

The girl smiled, tears pushing forward in her eyes. She turned to an empty page, pulling her photo of Cedric out and slipping it inside.

Just as she was about to close the book she noticed something sticking out the back. She opened it again, pulling on the piece of paper. It was a baby photo of Harry in Sirius' arms, one from before his parents died.

She turned the photo over, a date and address written on the back.

Godric's hollow.

Maybe that was where she needed to go, maybe someone there could help her.

Elizabeth quickly stood with the book, casting a spell to do her dishes before running upstairs. She grabbed a backpack, stuffing clothes inside. She stuffed the book in as well, running up to Ron's room. She surveyed the things on the bed before grabbing Sirius' letter.

She zipped the bag, grabbing a jacket from Ron's floor. it fit her big but it was warm. She wrapped Neville's scarf around her neck, slinging the bag over her shoulder.

She was officially done sulking.

"Apparatus!"