thirty four.

Elizabeth peeked around the corner over Ron's shoulder, a woman walking towards them with haste. The redhead nodded to her, Elizabeth running across the street to where Hermione and Harry were hiding.

The woman began on her way, Hermione swiftly knocking her out. Ron joined them, laying the woman beside their other three victims. Hermione plucked a hair from her head, sighing. "Right. Remember what we said. Don't speak to anyone unless absolutely necessary."

Elizabeth nodded, taking her vile. "Just try and act normal," Hermione explained, "and if we do that, with a bit of luck, we'll get inside. And then..." Harry nodded, "it gets really tricky."

Elizabeth sighed, "this is completely mental."

Both Hermione and Harry nodded, "mental."

"The world's mental." The three turned their view to Ron, the boy staring at his vile. "Come on, we've got a horcrux to find." He then quickly down his vile, the others following soon after.

Elizabeth watched as her hair turned ginger, the girl growing slightly and her chest becoming heavier. They all quickly changed into the stolen clothes. Once finished, they exited the building, walking down the street like the other samaritans.

Hermione and Elizabeth split off from the boys, each entering a bathroom stall. Hermione knocked on the stall wall, "flush yourself," she whispered.

Elizabeth cringed slightly before stepping into the toilet, pulling the chain to flush. She was sucked downwards, opening her eyes to find herself in the busy walkway that led to the ministry.

She began to walk along with the crowd, watching as someone behind her was dragged away. She spotted Hermione and Harry, stepping up beside the two. "Are those?" she asked, looking up at the statue before them. 

Hermione gulped down the lump in her throat, "muggles, in their rightful place."

Elizabeth frowned, Ron appearing beside her. "I gotta tell you, I'm starting to freak out a bit." He glanced around warily. Harry turned to Hermione, "how long did you say this glass of polyjuice would last Hermione?"

The woman frowned, "I didn't."

* * *

"Cattermole."

The elevator was held by a man, his face set in a serious frown. "It's still raining inside my office. That's two days now." Harry and Ron exchanged glances, unsure of who he was actually speaking to, however he made it clear a moment later, glaring at Ron.

Ron shrugged, "have you tried an umbrella?"

The man narrowed his eyes, "you realize I'm going downstairs don't you, Cattermole?" Ron frowned, "downstairs?" he questioned. "To question your wife," the man answered, a hint of superiority in his voice.

Elizabeth's heart began to pound. It was supposed to be in and out, no interaction necessary. Except obviously they'd chosen the wrong people to become, the girl could see Ron begin to freak out already.

"Now if my wife's blood status were in doubt and the head of the department of magical law enforcement needed a job doing, I think I might just make that a priority." He narrowed his eyes again, the skin at the corner crinkling. "You have one hour."

He then left, allowing the elevator door to shut, the small room immediately shooting backwards and dropping down. "Oh my god," Ron panicked, "what am I gonna do? My wife's all alone downstairs."

Harry sighed, "Ron, you don't have a wife."

The man seemed relieved, "oh right." They arrived at their destination, the door sliding open. "But how do I stop it raining?" Ron asked, hesitating before stepping out. Hermione pushed him forward slightly, "try finite incantatem."