seventeen.

"Anything from the trolley, dears?"

Ron and Harry hopped up with their money, Elizabeth too busy reading the newspaper with Hermione to notice. "This is horrible," she stated, Hermione nodding in agreement. "How can the ministry not know who conjured it? Isn't there security?"

Ron nodded, "loads, according to dad. That's what worried them so much, happened right under their noses," he spoke with his mouthful. Hermione watched as Harry reached for his forehead. "It's hurting again isn't it? Your scar?"

Harry smiled, "I'm fine."

Elizabeth shook her head, "you know Sirius will want to hear about this." Hermioned nodded, "what you saw at the World Cup and the dream." Harry sighed, pulling out a piece of parchment. He quickly scribbled down on the paper before folding it and giving it to Hedwig.

"You know where to go Hedwig."

* * *

"Well now we're all settled in and sorted, I'd like to make an announcement!" Dumbledore smiled, addressing the students. "This castle will not only be your home this year but home to some special guests. Hogwarts has been chosen to host a legendary event, the triwizard tournament!"

Students began to whisper, Ginny turning to Elizabeth in confusion. "What's that?" The blonde shrugged, both girls turning back to the front.

"For those of you who do not know, the triwizard tournament brings together three schools for a series of magical contests. From each school, a single student is selected to compete. Now let me be clear, if chosen you stand alone. And trust me when I say these contests are not for the faint of heart. But more of that later, for now welcome the lovely ladies of Beauxbatons academy of magic and their headmistress Madam Maxine."

The girls made a grand entrance, trotting by. Ron watched them as they went, practically drooling. "Bloody hell," he gushed, his cheeks pink. Elizabeth slapped a hand over his eyes, sighing in disappointment. Their headmaster walked past, Seamus snickering to Dean. "Blimey, that's one big woman."

Once all the girls had taken their seats Dumbledore stood again. "And now for our friends from the north, please greet the proud sons of Durmstrang and their high master Igor Karkaroff!"

Everyone turned to watch as the boys began to stride in, spinning staffs as they went. Last to enter was Viktor Krum followed by their high master. Ron's jaw dropped, "it's him, it's Viktor Krum!" he exclaimed.

* * *

"Your attention please!"

Eyes were turned to the front once more as Dumbledore stood, taking place by a tall golden pedestal. They had just finished the feast and all anyone could talk about was the Triwizard tournament. Everyone was eager to hear the rules.

"Eternal glory! That is what awaits the student who wins the triwizard tournament. But to do this that student must survive three tasks. Three extremely dangerous tasks. For this reason the ministry has seen fit to impose a new rule. To explain all this we have the head of the department of International Magical Cooperation, Mr. Bartemus Crouch."

Elizabeth looked to the man, realizing it was the same person who had accused them of burning down the tents at the World Cup. Suddenly thunder clapped, the sky in the great hall seemingly becoming a storm.

In a swift motion it was stopped, everyone looking to see a man with one eye sticking his wand away. "Bloody hell, it's mad eye Moody," Ron exclaimed, Hermione turning to him. "Alastor Moody? The auror?"