Wen indoctrinations: The cave

𝕎𝕙𝕪 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕔𝕣𝕒𝕟𝕜𝕪 𝕓𝕠𝕪?
𝕄𝕠𝕝𝕘𝕖𝕦𝕣𝕚 𝕛𝕚𝕟𝕘𝕦𝕣𝕪𝕖𝕠 𝕟𝕖𝕠.
𝔻𝕠 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕨𝕒𝕟𝕥 𝕒 𝕓𝕝𝕠𝕟𝕕 𝕓𝕒𝕣𝕓𝕚𝕖 𝕕𝕠𝕝𝕝?
𝕀𝕥'𝕤 𝕟𝕠𝕥 𝕙𝕖𝕣𝕖 𝕀 𝕒𝕞 𝕟𝕠𝕥 𝕕𝕠𝕝𝕝.

Tian Xing rubbed her temples in an attempt to think something of this situation.

Obviously she did not think this situation would repeat itself like this. She had planned to use herself as bait to avoid this exact scenario but fate is fate.

Somethings cannot be changed.

She only hoped that the tragedy that was about to come to these children were one of the things that could be.

Wei WuXian said, "We need to kill that thing in order to get out."
"Mn."
"I agree. But even if we kill it, the rocks or his body might block the exit. We first of all need to make sure that exit is safe, all the way while keeping ourselves safe. I can try to put a barrier on it, while both of you try to kill it. How does that sound?"

Wei WuXian's eyes immediately brightened up, "Yes, we could do that."

Tian Xing smiled. But first there was another thing to think of.

Lan WangJi, though not that big, had still gotten an injury on his leg. It would be weighing him down if not treated.

"A-Xian, you have the medicine pouch MianMian gave you?"
"Yes I do."
"Can you give it to me?"

Lan WangJi's eyes turned hard and cold in the mention of MianMian and Tian Xing was trying her utmost best not to burst out laughing.

Jealous Lan WangJi was so adorable and funny. It was one thing to read or see through the screen and another thing to see through ones own eyes.

Tian Xing looked at Lan WangJi and gave him a shit eating.

Lan WangJi glared at her even more and it was only by the thoughts of treating the wounds of the children that she managed to suppress her laughter.

Wei WuXian on the other hand was looking confused.

He handed over the pouch and Tian Xing turned to Lan WangJi, "Are any of these herbs useful for treatment of wounds?"

Lan WangJi pointed out which ones were useful for what.

Tian Xing then started treating both their wounds.

Wei WuXian winced, "Owww. That hurts."
Tian Xing grumbled, "Serves you right. Why did you have to take the burn?"
"It was to save her." he whined.
"You could have stopped it with your hands, you idiot." Tian Xing snapped, "Wang LingJiao obviously was not stronger than you are, literally and figuratively."

Wei WuXian sulked, "It was an immediate reaction, Xing-Jie. My brain was not functioning that well."
"That brain never functions well when it's about your own good. What did I tell you before? Know your worth. A-Xian there are countless people who care for you. So many you don't even know. There are many people who you think don't like you, that actually think of you, care for you."

Tian Xing's eyes turned distant. She seemed to be reminiscent of her past memories.

Wei WuXian felt a bit off guard. Her eyes always showed wisdom and knowledge when she gave advice.

"That same goes for you too, Xing-Jie."

Tian Xing got startled at that.
Wei WuXian continued, "You seem to always act as the bait for us. You always help us but you haven't asked anything in return from any of us. Why exactly have you been helping us so much?"