End of war

Note: The following chapter is heavily based on Mandela Catalogue. Photo is from google.

ᴊᴇɪʟ ɴᴏᴘᴇᴜɴ ɢᴇᴏsᴇ ɴᴀʟ ᴅᴀᴋɪɴ ᴡᴏɴʜᴀᴇ
ɴᴇᴜᴋʏᴜsᴇᴏɴᴇ ᴀɴsᴡᴇʀ.
ɴᴀᴇ ʜʏᴏʟɢᴏɴsᴇᴏɢᴇ ɴᴀʟ ᴛᴀɴᴇᴜɴ ɴᴇᴡ ᴡᴀᴠᴇ
ɴᴀᴇ ɢᴇᴏᴅᴀᴇʜᴀɴ ᴘᴀssɪᴏɴ.

Inside the Flame Palace, the lights were lit. It was bright inside.

Wen Xu grunted and looked around, annoyed and angry from the sudden attack.

The place was empty, none were inside the entrance room. The exit door and the doors to the other quarters were closed.

Huh?

What was even more odd was that room temperature was extremely cold. Qishan was an area known for being hot. It was not possible for the temperature to be this cold in the current time of the year.

Wen Xu got up and went to open one of the doors.

It wasn't opening.

Then another.

Fail.

Then another.

Fail.

Then another.

Fail.

None of the doors were opening.

The windows slammed shut all of a sudden, curtains falling.

The quarter became dark. It was just the faint light coming from the curtains that made things a bit visible. The Flame Palace had dark red curtains so it wasn't helping much.

Wen Xu was starting to feel unsettled. He tried to open one of the doors again.

At last, one door opened up. Wen Xu was glad, but just then, there was-

"Noonecansaveyoufromme."

Wen Xu jerked from fear and turned around. He unsheathed his sword and got in a defence position.

Wen Xu was a better swordsman tham his younger brother, who had apparently been killed already.

How, none knew.

Wen Xu looked around.

His eyes landed on one of the curtain and he froze.

There was a pair of eyes peeking from behind. And those eyes were not...normal.

They looked so impossibly long and big. It was not humanly possible to have such eyes.

And those eyes showed glee. And cruel satisfaction.

Wen Xu scrambled towards the door frame. He tried to open the door that was just unlock a few seconds ago.

But it was locked again.

Wen Xu looked behind, thinking that confronting it was the only way.

....The creature had come out and stood in front of him, a little distance away from the curtain. Her eyes were now covered. Her face was not visible. It was hidden behind her hair.

Wen Xu attacked but was instantly air yeeted away to the door he wanted to open, much like in the entrance.

Wen Xu grunted and looked up.

Wait-

That's-

ꎭꀭꀘꌗꌗꀤꀘꀭꈤꀘꍏꃅꌗꌗꊼꊼꊼꌗꀭꊼꊼꃅꍏꁴꀤꃅꎭꁴꀤꃅꌗꆰꃅꀸꊼꊼꀘꊼꁴ-