1

01

At approximately 6 am on the dot every single morning, the alarm clock with a fuzzy white coat went off to alert the heavy sleepers of the new school day. This morning was no different, of course, due to the alarm clock's consistency. The loud blaring of the alarm bell fills the room and bounces on the nightstand between the two beds. And in no time, gains recognition.

"I hear you." One of the girls mutter, lips moving but eyes still shut. Her fingers twitch at the side of the mattress although she never goes in to turn off the alarm. The thought is in her mind to do so but she never acts upon it.

From the adjacent bed, the girl smacks her lips. Curling the pillow over her ears and turning on her side in hopes to escape the loud noise.

"Ava turn that thing off!" She groaned. It was her idea to get the stupid thing, noticing that their sleep schedules were a bit out of whack after returning back to school from the summer. The least she could do was turn it off.

"You're closer." Ava argues, opening her eyes. She looked straight ahead and was greeted by her sister's back. Frowning, ava smashed her hand down on the alarm before sitting up in bed.

"You don't have to get upset. It was your idea to get that damn thing."

"I'm not upset Cleo." Ava lied, pulling the sleep mask she often wore to protect her eyes while asleep from her face. She then reached for her glasses, sliding them on her face so that she could see better in the dark room.

Cleo scoffed, sitting up in bed. She snatches the silk black bonnet from her head, wanting for her hair to breathe seeing as they had been tied up all night.

"What time is it?" She yawns, tossing the head piece down on the bed next to her.

"6:05." Ava muttered. Suddenly, her eyes went wide. She and cleo faced one another, both sharing a similar look of realization.

It all happened in a blur. One minute they were still sitting in bed and the next they were leaping up from the mattresses and running over one another in hopes to make it to the bathroom first.

Cleo sticks her foot out which results in ava tripping over it, falling down to her knees. In the meantime, the older twin leaps into their shared bathroom, closing the door and locking it behind herself.

"You bitch!" Ava cursed, dusting off her knees with a pout as she stood up on her feet.

Cleo laughed to herself. Now that she was in the bathroom, she hadn't a single worry in the world. She brushed her teeth and took a shower, being sure to enjoy her time and savor it before passing the bathroom on to Ava.

"Love you!" Cleo shouted, plucking her purple toothbrush from the decorative cup on the bathroom counter before turning on the faucet.

Ava didn't reply, only scoffed as she walked over to her closet. The girls preferred to share a lot of things. The bathroom, the same bedroom. But one thing they did not share was the same closet.

Ava had a different style than cleo. She was more of a feminine, fashionista sort of girl. Although they wore uniforms at their high school, she was always finding new ways to make her uniform pop more than the others. Wether it be with a cute headpiece or bracelet, or a nice vest over her shirt.