3

03

Hope was a smart kid. All of the children were smart. Just like every other student, they had week points. Ava was better at literature and history while Cleo was better at math and science. Hope was well rounded. He was in the fifth grade and he loved math, science, English and social studies all the same.

The one thing he could not seem to succeed at was proper speech and social communication skills.

He got along really well with his teacher. She came to the house three times out of the week to go over lessons with him. The parents had decided to homeschool the boy because they weren't quite ready to push him out into the environment with other kids his age. Being autistic, they understood that it would be harder for him to warm up to other kids than for the average student.

"Alright, that concludes today's lesson." Hope's homeschool teacher, Ms.Lee stands from the table with her laptop and tote bag.

"You guys all finished?" Trinity looks over her shoulder to see Hope watching Ms.Lee in silence. The woman nodded.

"Yes mam. 3:00 on the dot." She smiled. Trinity dropped the dish towel she had been using the wipe off the counter before coming over to the dining room table. Resting her hands on the back of hope's chair.

"How was he today? I couldn't peep in much because I was with his baby sister upstairs." Trinity explains, although she didn't need to. Ms.Lee was twenty six, ten years younger than trinity. And although she didn't demand to be treated with the utmost respect, Trinity and Hoseok still gave it to her because she was helping them out a ton.

"He did amazing. We began reading about the Native Americans for our history lesson... I ordered him a copy of The Birchbark House and it should be in by next week so we can get further into it."

"He really enjoys reading. I mostly see him read and draw on his iPad so that's good he's enjoying it." Trinity smiled.

"How was his speech?" Trinity asked after a few seconds of silence. Hope tilted his head backwards to look up at his mother. Trinity briefly looked down at the boy with a soft smile before looking back at Ms.Lee.

"Better. He didn't say much but he's getting better at pronunciation and explaining himself. He's going to be ready for middle school once the time comes."

"Thank the lord." Trinity sighed with relief. "Thank you so much."

"Of course. I'll see you Monday, say hi to Mr.Jung and the girls for me." Ms.Lee waves before turning to leave the dining room.

"I will. Drive safe." Trinity calls out.

After a few seconds trinity heard the door close, and not long after her Ms.Lee drive off. She listened to the silence of the house. Hoseok should be back any minute now from picking the twins up from school.

"Mama." Hope croaks softly. Trinity ran her fingers through his curly hair. She wanted to get it cut down a bit but hoseok suggested hope continue to grow it out and get it braided every now and then.

"Hmm?" Trinity asked.

Hope said nothing as he pointed to his stomach. Trinity figured he would want his after school snack the minute Ms.Lee left.