11

11

That night, since hoseok hadn't much work to indulge in during the day besides taking Hope to the dentist, Trinity left dinner on his hands. She always enjoyed when he decided to prepare Korean dishes. The girls had loved Korean food ever since they were two years old although they didn't eat it as much. The older they got, the more they began to be vocal about their love for it. Voicing their cravings and what not which drove hoseok into cooking Korean foods whenever it was his turn to make dinner.

On tonight's menu was Bulgogi and rice with a side of kimchi stew. On occasion hoseok would prepare a wide range of side dishes which is typically how a traditional Korean dinner was prepared. But tonight he decided to be rather simple for the sake of Hope's surgery, and the fact that he was hungry as hell.

"Woahhh, we haven't had Bulgogi in awhile." Ava said, her mouth basically watering at the sight of it as her father placed a bowl before her on the table. The steam floating about the surface, she could've sworn she saw it form a romantic figure or a heart as it flirted with her taste buds.

"I know. That's why I chose to make it." Hoseok responded in Korean, a small chuckle proceeding afterwards as he placed the final bowl down in front of cleo.

Erynn dipped her hand into her little hello kitty bowl, completely disregarding the thick pink spoon resting beside it and digging in with her fingers. Trinity sighed and shook her head, choosing to just let her do her.

"Hope, honey? do you want to let yours cool down some?" The mother asked out of concern for her healing baby boy. He only kept silent, shaking his head as he placed his head against his father's shoulder while scooping up some of his bugolgi and rice.

It took some convincing but he gave in to eating actual food instead of waffles. Perhaps it was the medicine.

Hoseok stared down at the boy for a minute, eyebrows furrowed as he watched him chew on the food slowly and cautiously. He seemed to be okay.

"So how was everyone's day today?" Trinity sparked conversation. Everyone seemed so worn out from the day. Everyone except for Erynn who was having a ball sucking on her fingers.

"It was good for me. We finally began to work on this fashion show in fashion club. I'm head coordinator slash director." Ava boasted, a proud grin on her lips.

"Well that's wonderful baby! Are you confident in your club so far?"

"For the most part. There is this new girl though..." Ava's voice drifted off, a familiar warmth spreading across her cheeks just as it always did whenever she thought about Winona or mentioned her.

"What about her? She giving you problems?" Trinity raised a brow, protective mama bear mode instantly taking over her.

"N-no. She's just...new." Ava murmured. Trinity hummed, choosing to not go further with the dwindling conversation.

"Cleo are you feeling okay? I got a message from the school earlier saying that you were tardy to math this morning."

Cleo instantly sat up right in her seat, looking between her parents. One parent, her mother, looked concerned. The other parent, her father, looked rather unpleased. He would know it if she were sick but she looked just fine. So cleo could just feel the interrogation coming on.