six

it's been a long while since the ducks won the state championship against the hawks

it's been a long while since the ducks won the state championship against the hawks..and chrissy rodgers had grown a lot since then.

adam had gotten a lot taller as well, he practically towered over her now. the girl had also started to notice that his voice was changing. she knew it was a part of growing up, but it weirded her out. the brunette wasn't adjusted to these quick changes yet and how they were making her feel.

chrissy hadn't really seen the ducks since the championship game with the exception of connie, guy, and adam. it was nice that she had a few friends from the team, especially connie since she desperately needed a girl friend.

on this particular september day, chrissy was playing one on one hockey with adam in their driveway..some things never change.

"she's comin' across the goalie, between his legs — score!" chrissy celebrated making her shot against adam who was playing goalie.

"it was a lucky shot!" adam protested shaking his head while the girl cheered raising her arms in the air.

"lucky shot? i think you're just getting rusty, banks." the brunette disproved, resting her hands on her hips. "you might think you're big and bad since you've got me on height now, but i can still take you down." she smirked, taking a step closer to the boy.

"oh, really?" adam raised a brow, a small smile appearing on his lips. "yes, really." chrissy nodded letting out a chuckle.

to her surprise the boy quickly grabbed her by the waist attempting to take her down. chrissy resisted giggling as he lifted her off the ground.

the kids used to always play-fight, but there was something different about it recently. every time adam touched her lately, her heart started to flutter. but that couldn't mean anything, right? after all it was just adam.

while the boy was still holding her laughing, the two heard a familiar voice from the end of the driveway, "hey, cake eaters, you wanna play some real hockey?" it was jesse. he was with guy, connie, averman, goldberg, and charlie.

when the brunette flipped her head around, she locked eyes with the conway boy who's brows were furrowed at the position she was in. her smile quickly faltered as she pulled herself off of adam.

"yeah!" she breathed forcing a smile. "yeah!" adam shouted with a grin while the ducks cheered.

"come on!" connie yelled motioning the two to follow.

chrissy still really liked charlie, she just hadn't seen him in awhile.. and with all these new feelings adam was giving her, it was getting a little confusing.