seventeen

practicing was better than ever for team usa

practicing was better than ever for team usa. they were trying to find their strengths while eliminating their weaknesses. after a countless amount of drills and conditioning, they were finally getting close to the game against iceland for the win.

coach bombay had benched adam for the rest of the tournament. his hand was far too injured after the iceland boy hit it with his stick during the game. he'd kept it a secret for a while to keep playing, but it eventually became noticeable that he was in pain.

after hearing some of the other boys talking about it, chrissy went to go find adam immediately. fighting or not, she knew how important this tournament was to him.

he was standing outside looking at the stars. it was night time so the view was pretty nice. as she walked outside the girl noticed his arm was in a sling.

"i heard that you can't play." she uttered from behind. he knew right away that it was her, hence why he didn't turn around. chrissy took this as her being ignored so she continued, "and even though you hate me.. i needed to see if you were okay."

"i don't hate you, chrissy." adam shook his head, turning around to face her now.

the brunette was just confused at this point, "okay, well if you don't hate me.. why can't we just get past this?"

she'd done anything and everything to get adam to forgive her, she didn't understand why it still wasn't enough.

"you really want to know?" adam gulped. "yes." chrissy insisted stepping closer to him.

the boy pausing for a moment, biting his lip from anxiety. he just had to say it, once and for all. "because i'm in love with you."

chrissy was stunned, "what?" was all she could choke out as she stared at him dumbfounded.

the boy sighed, "i'm really sorry if that's weird for you to hear but i need you to.. hear it. probably not good timing..i know that."

chrissy's brain was going a mile a minute. everyone was right. he was in love with her the whole time. it finally made sense why he was so upset.

"you have no idea.. how much your friendship means to-" she tried to turn him down gently.

"don't do that." he cut her off sounding defeated, "i don't want to do that. i want to be more than that.. i always have."

the brunette let out a huff, pressing her lips together in frustration as she tried to put how she felt into words, "adam.. you are so perfect. and i'm.. i'm me. i'm not good enough for you."

adam frowned at the thought of chrissy actually thinking something like that, "yes you are."

she scoffed, "i don't think i'll ever be good enough for you."

"i love you, chrissy." he restated trying to reassure her of his feelings.. but the girl was starting to freak out.

in a panic she started listening all of the things that she thought was wrong with her while adam just continued to restate the same four words over and over.

"i'm short and-"

"i love you, chrissy."

"i get all explosive on people and-"

"i love you, chrissy."

"i have all these family problems."

"i love you."

"and you'd be ashamed of me!" she shouted now turning away from him.

adam shook his head. never in a million years could he ever be ashamed of chrissy rodgers. she was his whole world.

"and we would fight and be miserable and wish we hadn't done it and everything will be ruined!" chrissy started to tear up, knowing everything was about to change between them, relationship or not.

"hey." he whispered gently grabbing her hand, and for a second.. those old summer feelings came flying back.

"you have to stop doing that." chrissy muttered pulling away from him. "doing what?" he furrowed his brows in confusion.

"touching me." she stated looking almost annoyed. "what? why?" he questioned. "because it's happening again."

"what's happening again?" adam asked once more, still totally lost on her thought process.

"it started in the summer. every time you touch me i just.. i freeze up.. and my heart starts racing, and i have no idea why." she explained, anxiously gnawing on her lip.

adam lightly chuckled to himself knowing exactly how she was feeling, "i think you know why."

"no, i don't." chrissy crossed her arms. she was adamant on this.

"i think you know why and you're scared to admit it." he read her like a book, and by the look on her face.. chrissy knew he was right.

"i don't know what you're talking about." she pretended to be clueless, shifting her eyes in another direction.

"we have to figure out if you have feelings for me, chris." adam whispered stepping even closer to her.

"no!" the girl screamed, trying to turn around and walk away.

"hey, hey, wait." he grabbed her arm, forcing her body to face him. "just let me test something out."

chrissy let her guard down for a moment. the boy slowly leaned in, lightly caressing her cheek as he let his lips touch hers.

her heart immediately started to race, she couldn't believe it. how in the world was adam banks making her feel like this?

as the kiss ended, the two stared into each other's eyes for a moment, looking for any sign to see if the other felt anything.. and they could both tell there was something there.

this changed everything. she was now more confused than ever and in an even worse position. she was truly going to have to make a choice. charlie or adam?