twenty three

after the auditorium incident, the ducks reconvened together by the main office

after the auditorium incident, the ducks reconvened together by the main office. they didn't seem to get into much trouble being that it was the first day, but it still wasn't a good first impression they wanted to leave.

"charlie, man, this is not a good start to our new year." ken sighed standing by the lockers with the rest of the team, worried their reputations were already down the drain with the varsity team.

"don't worry, kenny. these prepsters aren't gonna do anything to us." charlie shrugged it off getting easily distracted, "hey, check it out. antsville." he muttered motioning over to the built in ant farm that was in front of them. everyone turned to look at it as the tiny creatures moved in an intricate line.

"look at em go, whoa." fulton marveled, captivated by the ants' synchronized movements.

"you can learn a lot from ants." dean buckley appeared on the other side, "these brazilian fire ants can teach you a lot about successful societal structure. you see, there's one queen in there. the rest are dedicated worker ants. everybody pulls their weight. nobody complains. there's harmony and growth. same here at eden hall. only you are the workers, the backbone."

"and you're the queen?" russ teased, earning snickers from chrissy and connie. "hmm." dean buckley groaned, shaking his head before walking away, leaving the students to ponder the ant analogy.

as the ducks dispersed through the bustling halls, chrissy and adam remained inseparable, navigating the corridors as if bound by an invisible thread. the ambient chatter of students filled the air, creating a backdrop to their private world.

"can you believe charlie led them in like that?" adam remarked casually, sparking a whirlwind of thoughts in chrissy's mind.

"so, what do you have first?" she questioned, advertently changing the subject as she tilted her head up to take a peek at his schedule.

"uh, english. what about you?" adam responded, momentarily breaking their gaze to glance at her schedule.

"i have chem.. but i'll see you in history." chrissy smirked, a playful glint in her eyes. "but that's so far." adam whined, his reluctance evident at the mere thought of a two-hour separation.

"this is you." she stopped him, halting at the door to his class, her gaze fixing on the room number. thankfully, familiar faces like dwayne and julie awaited him, ensuring he wouldn't be alone.

"believe me, you'll be seeing enough of me." the brunette assured him, "probably so much that you'll get sick of me."

"i could never get sick of you." adam smiled, gently cupping her pink cheeks. "well thank you, but now you have to go so i can go." chrissy giggled.