twenty two

"please welcome to the podium, the head coach and leader of the mighty ducks, gordon bombay

"please welcome to the podium, the head coach and leader of the mighty ducks, gordon bombay."

"thank you. it's a great honor to be here today to introduce you to a truly great group of kids. sure they can be a little rambunctious. they've run me ragged and played more than their fair share of pranks. i still haven't forgotten about those eggs. but i hung in there, and they hung in there for me. we became the quack attack, the flying v, and the bash brothers. i've never had a better time. these kids are winners, each and every one of them. but more than that, these are good people. i hope that they enrich and enliven your school and your lives the way they have mine. now i hand you over to the capable hands of my old biology teacher and the current headmaster of eden hall, dean buckley."

"gordon bombay has a lot to be proud of. we are happy to welcome the ducks to our great educational institution. so today, it gives me great pleasure to award you these full athletic scholarships to eden hall academy where we hope the ducks will be happy warriors and lead us on to glory and divisional championships."

🏒

eden hall academy turned out to be the opposite of what chrissy anticipated for her new school year, but there she was. excitement bubbled within her; it was a fresh start with adam.

they could hopefully put behind all the drama from the goodwill games and finally enjoy some mess-free time together. having reached the sweet age of sixteen, they had been going strong for a little over a year. with every passing day, the duo discovered new facets of their relationship, turning mundane activities into cherished memories.

as the season would unfold, the prospect of hitting the ice together held the promise of shared victories, making their bond resilient against any remnants of the past drama. the air would be ripe with the anticipation of a mess-free chapter, and chrissy couldn't help but feel an overwhelming enthusiasm for the experiences yet to unfold with her boyfriend by her side.

the two had arrived earlier than the rest of the minnesota ducks since adam's parents insisted on driving them.

"sooooo, what do you think?" chrissy inquired, playfully nudging him as her eyes swept across the vast campus. the school sprawled impressively, resembling more of a college setting with its elegant buildings and gatherings of well-dressed students.

"i think as long as we're together, it's gonna be a great." adam smiled, wrapping an arm around his girlfriend.

her gaze shifted to the outdoor scenery, and her jaw dropped in amazement as she spotted a familiar figure. "oh my god?! julie!" the brunette exclaimed, bursting with excitement and sprinting ahead towards her friend.