fourteen

after team usa's late night practice, chrissy got changed in the locker room still being ignored by her best friend

after team usa's late night practice, chrissy got changed in the locker room still being ignored by her best friend. "adam?" she whispered to the boy next to her who just turned the other way.

the brunette let out a sigh of frustration, just about ready to snap. "will you please just grow up and just talk to me?!"

"like you talked to me?" adam yelled back, finally saying something for the first time after the news broke.

"i'm sorry man, you weren't supposed to find out this way. she wanted to be the one to tell you." charlie tried to stick up for her.

adam scoffed looking at the rodgers girl, "you didn't tell me."

chrissy paused for a moment. she started to put the timeline together. she'd realized that adam was upset with her from before the game, "you've known all day, haven't you?"

everyone on the team was staring at this point. they all wanted to see what was going to happen with this one.

"i knew." he whispered. "i mean i always knew but.. finding out from fulton this morning was so much worse. so were you planning on ever telling me or was this just gonna be a secret fling?"

"it's not like that." chrissy made it known.

"then how was it, chrissy?" the boy questioned angrily crossing his arms.

"i-i planned on telling you okay.. i just didn't know how." she explained breathing heavily.

"so what is it? are you bored, confused, or just trying to start more problems in your life? was your dad not enough? now you want to lose me too?" adam spat immediately regretting it the second it came out of his mouth.

he was saying just about anything due to his anger state and forgot how personal that really was. chrissy's face dropped. she couldn't believe he just said that in front of the entire team.

charlie seethed looking at the banks boy. he didn't like that last comment, "hey, look. i started this thing. okay? if you're gonna get mad at someone be mad at me. leave her out of it."

adam scoffed in disbelief that this was actually happening, "this is the most ridiculous thing i've ever heard, what do you think you're in love or something?"

both chrissy and charlie went silent. charlie gave the girl a look, as if he wanted to say yes. she looked back at him pressing her lips together as she held back tears.

"d-don't look at her like that. screw this." adam shouted in frustration, storming out of the locker room and into the one next to it.