Assigned Seats

Lavender Haze - Taylor Swift

Chloe Monet was stuck. She found herself standing at the entry of her classroom staring at a certain someone, or perhaps chair. There sat Hudson Jones in her chair, the chair that was assigned to her, the chair she needed to be sat in to not face a detention.

"Are you just going to stand there, go take a seat." Mr Vance interrupted Chloe's thoughts. He walked into the room and stood at the doorway, he had a brown bag and his glasses were fixed with a piece of tape. Clearly her wasn't someone of high standards, a corner cutter.

"Sorry." Chloe said quickly taking a seat at Hudson's desk, as he was at hers. His desk was on the complete opposite side of the room second row. It wasn't a bad seat, right next to the windows Chloe didn't mind staring outside. Hudson obviously didn't appreciate the perks of this seat if he felt the need to take Ms Monet's, likely because it was a far distance from all his friends.

The class slowly came to a silence as they saw Mr Vance stood at the front, the whiteboard was riddled with drawings and math symbols. Mr Vance was always considered strict, very little people liked him. But Chloe liked him, she liked how fair he was, how he actually taught and how he had the ability to stand tall and get everyone's attention effortlessly. She admired his confidence and his knowledge, something she tried to bring out in herself but always managed to fail.

He began reading out the roll but stopped when he heard mumbled whispers from no other then Hudson. Hudson was sat right next one of his friends Chloe did not recognize, he was fully consumed in the conversation, his face turning red from laughing so hard.

"Hudson Jones I hope you're in your correct seat." Mr Vance interrupted Hudson's conversation. Everyone looked at him knowing it wasn't going to end well. Hudson never let anyone talk down to him, he was the "class clown" he always has been.

He sat there with his infamous smirk.

"She was in my seat." Hudson said simply staring right into her eyes, the eyes he loved so much, raising his eyebrows at her. Everyone looked at Chloe.

"What? No you were in my seat!" Chloe defended herself. But she quickly stopped when she saw everyone looking at her. Chloe was not use to this attention, nor did she like it.

"Why would I sit in your seat?" he said so calmly. It was like he was planning this. He made direct eye contact with Chloe, he raised his brows at her. He knew exactly what he was doing.

"Sir! You saw me standing in the doorway watching him sit in my seat!" Chloe raised her voice.

"Enough!" Mr Vance interrupted right before Hudson could respond.

"Both of you detention after school! And maybe you two need to start appreciating this classroom more, it seems you think you can do whatever you want in here! Both of you together right here." Mr Vance instructed pointing to the two desks in front of him.

Chloe was furious, suddenly she had a detention and a bad reputation with the teacher she admired most. While Hudson was ecstatic, getting to sit with his long time crush for the rest of the semester was more than he could ever had wanted. He knew Mr Vance would command a punishment but one that worked in his favour? Maybe Mr Vance wasn't so bad.

Hudson looked to Brent, his best friend and gave him a knowing look. The only person who knew about Hudson's crush was Brent. And he only found out when he saw Hudson searching every variant of Chloe's name on instagram.

Chloe hurriedly gathered her stuff and walked over to her newly assigned seat with rage. She sat down quickly and let out a huff moving her chair as far away from Hudson's as she could, refusing to even face his way.

Hudson had taken a more pleasant approach to his new seat, taking his time to delicately pack away his things and move to his new seat accidently moving his chair towards the bitter girl.

He has stolen her chair, her reputation and maybe her heart, just maybe.

A/N

Yikes guys, I wrote this forever ago but i did kinda eat ngl anyways i'm changing her up abit so don't mint that.

Okay so i have a playlist for this story but it doesn't go along with the songs i put at the top of each chapter but it's like songs liek remind me of this book so please give it a listen ily guys

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/6pZ3xMwCZNMbjeyeu3JbLV?si=MNaeG3DZTjWrfX-h1UpmDA