It's Very Funny

Bags - Clario

Chloe Monet had never been in detention before. The thought of her even being sent to detention was so foreign. But here she was at the door of the detention room. It was lined with peeling yellow wallpaper and tacky popcorn ceiling. She definitely didn't find herself on this side of the school.

"You gonna wait outside or go in?" Hudson had said with a smirk, scaring her slightly. It felt like Deja Vu to Chloe. 

She turned to she his body almost pressed against here, she felt a flutter in her chest when he inched closer.

"Shut up." Chloe replied, slightly embarrassed.

"As polite as ever." Hudson teased walking past her to the door, the way his chect skimmed past her not going unnoticed.

She narrowed her gaze at him, following behind. When she walked in the room she saw to other students, one asleep, the other daydreaming. At the front sat Mr Vance. 

"So are you gonna sit or-" Hudson's voice appeared frightening Chloe.

"You scared me again." she whispered.

"Why are you so weird, Is this like your first detention or something." Hudson joked. It wasn't a joke though. He knew very well she never had any detentions, partly because he'd never see her in his regular detentions.

Chloe stayed quiet.

"Oh my god! You're joking!" He teased again. He prided himself of being such a believable actor.

"Stop. It's not funny." she retorted a slight blush appearing.

"It's very funny." Hudson had said so seriously it made her laugh.

"Come on lets sit down." Hudson said guiding her to the back corner.

Chloe reluctantly sat next to him. She was unsure of what to do. Being in detention was so unlike her. She looked around the room to see everyone messing around or asleep. She looked at Hudson only to see him looking back at her. He was leaning back to the wall and had a smug smirk on his face.

"Loosen up Chlo" Hudson whispered nudging her arm.

"I am loose." Chloe replied.

Hudson laughed at her reply. He found it hilarious how uptight she was.

"Shut up." She said hitting his arm. In result of hitting his arm, his chair had slipped and he fell back hitting his head on the wall.

Chloe burst out laughing at his pain. Hudson wasn't mad, he made her smile and he would go through any amount of pain just to see her smile again. But on a serious note, he was ninety percent sure he had a concussion.

"Hudson!" Mr Vance yelled, stopping Chloe's laugh. Hudson immediately stiffened in his chair remembering how he was advised to behave.

"I-" Hudson started.

"I don't want to hear it. Chloe take him to the nurse." Mr Vance shouted irritably.

Chloe stood up still holding in her laugh, while Hudson tried to get on his feet. She offered her hand and he took it graciously but she soon regretted it when she realized how heavy he was.

"God, how heavy are you?" Chloe questioned jokingly.

As she finally pull him up she began dragging him by his elbow to the nurses office. The moment she stepped out of detention she started laughing again.

"It's not funny Chlo." Hudson argued.

"Its very funny." Chloe said emphasizing the very.

"I can die!" Hudson replied.

"Yay!" Chloe joked.

"You're so mean."

Chloe rolled her eyes at him.

No one had ever joked with Hudson liked that, girls had never joked with Hudson like that. Every girl would be overly nice to him and try so desperately to get his attention. But Chloe? She didn't feel the need to be polite, its like they had known each other for a really long time.

Chloe never pictured herself with someone as enchanting as Hudson but she also never pictured herself as the type of girl to give someone a concussion. Things can change.

All Chloe knew was that she had never laughed that hard in a long time. She didn't feel the pressure to be so polite, she felt she could be herself and she was happy about that.