Comforting Silence

F Song - Strawberry Guy

Hudson Jones was thankful it was finally Friday, he had given up on impressing Chloe when she had suddenly ignored him all of yesterday. He didn't understand why. He didn't do anything and even worse he could not stop thinking of her.

He had to fix things before today ended so he didn't have to spend his weekend worrying about her. After second period he waited out front of the cafeteria to catch Chloe. 

There she was, standing next to Riley. She looked sad. Not really sad but her usual glow was gone and she looked so tired. Riley on the other hand was rambling about some guy who was obsessed with her.

"Hey Chloe, wait up." Hudson yelled from behind. Chloe didn't know what to do, she couldn't talk to him like they usually did because Riley would get angry.

"Oh hi," Chloe said turning. Riley nudged her elbow and looked at her hinting towards something.

"Um this is my friend Riley." Chloe added, pointing to riley.

"Hi!" Riley said with a big smile and high pitched voice, she always did that when she talked to guys.

"Oh hey, anyways Chloe I was just wondering which chapter we read for math homework." Hudson knew exactly what chapter to read, he just wanted an excuse to talk to her.

"Oh chapter 13." Chloe answered.

"Hey why don't you come sit with my friends, you can bring some of your friends too?" Riley added to the conversation.

Hudson looked to Chloe to see if it was okay and she just shrugged.

"Oh uhm yeah sure." He shrugged as well.

"Perfect, we sit just over there" She pointed.

Hudson nodded, he only agreed so he could sit with Chloe.

He walked back to his friends and told them that they were sitting with the girls. His friends didn't seem to mind either.

When he brought the group to the girls table there was very little room for anyone.

"Hudson come sit." Riley said pointing next to her.

Next to the empty seat sat Chloe, he could already tell there wasn't enough room.

"I don't think there's enough room, it's find I can just stand-" Hudson started.

"No! Chloe was about to move, right Chloe?"

Chloe immediately looked at Riley her mouth stood open and her eyebrows furrowed.

"Oh um yeah." She said grabbing her things and walking to an abandoned table. She sounded like she was about to cry.

"So Hudson-" Riley began.

"I'll be back." He said following Chloe, not even bothering to look Rileys way. He wasn't going to be back though, he only wanted to sit next to Chloe. 

He watched as Chloe started at the wall, he sat down next to her causing her to flinch.

"What are you doing?" Chloe questioned.

"They were boring me." I answered simply.

"If they bore you I must put you to sleep." She joked.

"Trust me I would never want to sleep when your talking." Hudson said staring right into her eyes. She felt her face feel up and as soon as the giddy feeling fluttered in her ribs she shut it down. Riley on the opposite side of the room stared at her like she had just kicked a dog.

So she looked away not looking up once.

"Are you okay Chloe?" Hudson asked.

"Oh I'm okay, just a little stressed." She assured. 

She wasn't just stressed, for the most part, she was upset. All she wanted to do was talk and laugh with Hudson but she couldn't do it. Not with her best friend watching her. So they just sat there in silence, it wasn't an awkward silence though. It was comfortable and relaxing. She didn't feel the need to fake smile and fake laugh when she was with Hudson. Her smiles and laughs were genuine and his company was comforting. 

But she couldn't have him.